gtx 1070 ti not working

bambi91ss

so i feel this is the worst situation where the gpu is now just dead but hoping someone can give some info to troubleshoot and hope that isnt the case.

so i tried playing ome games however as soon as the game would load up my pc would just restart. no error messages or anything. After a few times i saw my gpu temps were shooting up to over 90 to which i was told it could be the thermal paste as its an old + 2nd hand gpu. so i took off and reapplied the thermal paste on the gpu. however now it will even get any power. when i turn on the pc the gpu will start up for a few seconds then just stop. the rest of the pc will post. but the gpu will not show up in task manager. and not output any single. any info or things to try will be amamzing. thanks in advance.

First dumb question:

Is the PCIE Power cable plugged into the GPU?

Second, make sure it's secure, and no pins are loose in the cable.

-= Topics Merged =-

Please post only once.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

yep the power cable is incerted all the way wit no lose pins. i have 2 PCIE Power cables tried them both same issue.

so i may of founf the issue, but updating my chipset doesnt solve the issue. what ever i try i cant seem to install these drivers

Untitled.jpg.e4041f3ca5b5ee9ee8386b62634ac6f4.jpg