Brand New Pc Freezing

AmmarKW

I recently got a new gaming pc with some fairly high end specs but have encountered a fairly major issue. At seemingly random intervals it will stop working but so far only whilst using chrome or discord. At first if I’m watching a video it’ll just keep buffering, then the application will become frozen but for some reason I can still highlight text. At this point windows becomes unresponsive, I’ll try task manager via the shortcut or by right click the windows bar but nothing will show up. I tried right clicking on the desktop with that tab down for creating new things or editing the view format but it’ll be half loaded with it seeming not loading in as it’s partially black as if it’s fading in. After a short while I won’t be able to move the tabs at all or anything on my pc, then my mouse becomes frozen and I have to restart my pc via the physical switch. It’s a fairly new pc so it’s worrying and so far only happened in these 2 and not games. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is or what component specifically might be associated?

I have an AOROUS 3070, 5700x, TUF x570, 850W Msi PSU, x2 1TB Samsung 980 Evo NVME Sticks and H150 Corsair Cooler.

11 minutes ago, AmmarKW said:

I recently got a new gaming pc with some fairly high end specs but have encountered a fairly major issue. At seemingly random intervals it will stop working but so far only whilst using chrome or discord. At first if I’m watching a video it’ll just keep buffering, then the application will become frozen but for some reason I can still highlight text. At this point windows becomes unresponsive, I’ll try task manager via the shortcut or by right click the windows bar but nothing will show up. I tried right clicking on the desktop with that tab down for creating new things or editing the view format but it’ll be half loaded with it seeming not loading in as it’s partially black as if it’s fading in. After a short while I won’t be able to move the tabs at all or anything on my pc, then my mouse becomes frozen and I have to restart my pc via the physical switch. It’s a fairly new pc so it’s worrying and so far only happened in these 2 and not games. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is or what component specifically might be associated?

I have an AOROUS 3070, 5700x, TUF x570, 850W Msi PSU, x2 1TB Samsung 980 Evo NVME Sticks and H150 Corsair Cooler.

Wireless keyboard and mouse or wired?

2 minutes ago, TheeShadowStorm said:

Wireless keyboard and mouse or wired?

Both wired, mouse msi ds100 and keyboard is a black widow v3 - not sure how it would have an effect though?

Both wired, mouse msi ds100 and keyboard is a black widow v3 - not sure how it would have an effect though?

just sometimes with wireless you can get lag if the signal isn't great and for a while it can seem like some sort of performance issue.

5 minutes ago, TheeShadowStorm said:

just sometimes with wireless you can get lag if the signal isn't great and for a while it can seem like some sort of performance issue.

Yea, but even the keyboard shortcuts won't display pull anything up. At times I'll be able to move the mouse and all but can't really do anything.

check task manager and see if there are any background applications running

39 minutes ago, NOV654 said:

check task manager and see if there are any background applications running

I can't whilst it's happening, but I just opened chrome and discord. The other background applications are all standard windows apps like antimalware, the only one that really sticks out would be ASUS Armory Crate but that's for the motherboard and Microsoft Edge seems to runs also. Not sure if these are known to cause any issues along the lines I'm facing.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:44 PM, --SID-- said:

What brand and model RAM?

Motherboard BIOS fully up to date?

Corsair 3600 Vengeance and my BIOS is completely up to date, and it’s still occurring. 

Corsair 3600 Vengeance

That's not enough information. There are 20 different version with that name. The model is something like CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 and on the label on the sticks there is a version number like ver. 4.31. What version is your RAM?