Refusing to post after all components have been replaced

Teurce

I'm pretty stumped with this one. I have a system with a 5600x, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RAM, and a used RX 480. I previously had an older system with poorer core components, but I've swapped them all out with the parts here. When I first built it, it did not post showing either a CPU or DRAM light intermediately. The RAM lights up and the fans spin. I tried clearing CMOS, that didn't fix it. I attempted to update the BIOS using BIOS flashback on the motherboard with everything installed in the board, and then again with everything removed, only the motherboard and power supply. That didn't fix the issue. After that, I tried a different graphics card, different RAM, a different 5600x, everything except the power supply and motherboard. The DRAM and CPU were known good tested, pulled from a working machine, and the power supply works as I tested it and the fan spins, in addition to it lighting up my RAM and spinning the fans when I try and turn it on.

I assumed it was a dead motherboard, so I returned it to microcenter and bought another one, of the exact same model. Trying that with my original configuration, it still does not post, showing a CPU light. At this point, I've replaced literally every possible component in the chain, so honestly I have no idea what's going on. Any suggestions?

it would seem the board doesn't support that cpu on it's factory bios and you either did not properly update the bios or the bios cannot be updated without a compatible cpu installed.

One other thing to check would be connections.  Maybe something isn’t plugged in quite right.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, emosun said:

it would seem the board doesn't support that cpu on it's factory bios and you either did not properly update the bios or the bios cannot be updated without a compatible cpu installed.

I've tried updating the bios on both motherboards, with no result. Same CPU light, even though it's a known good CPU pulled from a working computer. The board can be updated without a CPU installed, and I also tried that, with the same result.

58 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

One other thing to check would be connections.  Maybe something isn’t plugged in quite right.

I've reseated everything possible, as I've fully replaced the motherboard, unless I've made the same error twice.

1 hour ago, Teurce said:

I've reseated everything possible, as I've fully replaced the motherboard, unless I've made the same error twice.

That can happen if you think something goes somewhere it shouldn’t. One classic is installing the video cable on the motherboard connection when using a discrete gpu.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That can happen if you think something goes somewhere it shouldn’t. One classic is installing the video cable on the motherboard connection when using a discrete gpu.  

No, I've had experience building many PCs in the past, I understand what I'm doing. I don't typically need to reach out for help, but this one stumped me.

Brand and model PSU?

What exact model RAM? (like CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver. 4.31)

Motherboard BIOS up to date, at least V15?

2 hours ago, Teurce said:

No, I've had experience building many PCs in the past, I understand what I'm doing. I don't typically need to reach out for help, but this one stumped me.

Well since you have experience and you’ve replaced the hardware, is there anything left that hasn’t been replaced?  

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Well since you have experience and you’ve replaced the hardware, is there anything left that hasn’t been replaced?  

That's why I'm stumped. I suppose the only thing left would be the power supply, but considering that the LEDs all light up and the fans spin, in addition to the PSU fan spinning when used with a tester, I don't think that's the issue.

10 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Brand and model PSU?

What exact model RAM? (like CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver. 4.31)

Motherboard BIOS up to date, at least V15?

I've tried different RAM, and the motherboard box says Ryzen 5000 ready so it should work out of the box with a 5600x. I did try updating the BIOS with the latest version, it didn't fix the problem. Fans spin, everything lights up, just nothing on the display. Also, the GPU fan doesn't spin which is pretty weird.

5 minutes ago, Teurce said:

That's why I'm stumped. I suppose the only thing left would be the power supply, but considering that the LEDs all light up and the fans spin, in addition to the PSU fan spinning when used with a tester, I don't think that's the issue.

What about software? Could be a something as simple as a clean instal could fix it.  May have already been done though.

Edited by Bombastinator

7 minutes ago, Teurce said:

just nothing on the display

7 minutes ago, Teurce said:

Also, the GPU fan doesn't spin which is pretty weird.

Try A Diffrent GPU

I think so everything is working fine except gpu 

no output is coming from the gpu?

check the psu cable from psu to gpu is intact

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

What about software?

no it is impossible

he say that he even cleared cmos

nothing is coming up in the display

Pls Mark a solution as a solution, would be really helpful.

BTW pls correct me, iam really stoobid at times.

3 hours ago, Teurce said:

I've tried different RAM, and the motherboard box says Ryzen 5000 ready so it should work out of the box with a 5600x. I did try updating the BIOS with the latest version, it didn't fix the problem. Fans spin, everything lights up, just nothing on the display. Also, the GPU fan doesn't spin which is pretty weird.

Brand and model PSU?

18 hours ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

Try A Diffrent GPU

I think so everything is working fine except gpu 

no output is coming from the gpu?

check the psu cable from psu to gpu is intact

I've tried a known good GPU. It's a cheap passive GPU though so I wouldn't be able to tell if it had fanspin. I suppose the only thing left to try is the power supply.

14 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Brand and model PSU?

It's just an EVGA something or another, nothing fancy. Btw, the original RAM is CMW16GX4M2E3200C16, ver 4.32.