Upgrade processor, motherboard and ram ...?

Jalebi

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi everyone,

I am from Bangalore India. I need to run Adobe XD and it should be good enough for Adobe Premier and Photoshop, Illustrator etc. I am using video lectures to learn UX UI with Adobe XD or Figma. It must be able to handle opening of multiple windows at the same time and work seamlessly, I need instant response. I am telling you this because I now have a core2duo with ddr2 4gb ram with 1tb HDD with a dell 21" S2240L full hd monitor. My computer in its present state is too slow, and it is extremely diffcult to run youtube as well as Figma with which I have started learning but its extremely unresponsive. I was thinking of a modest upgrade to ryzen 5 3600x, 4gb ddr4 ram and a suitable motherboard. When I can monetise my skills I can think of another upgrade at a later stage instead of spending it all now. But I need to also be able to use it professionally, so it should work without any hesitation. Budget is not more than 667 USD but a higher investment needs to be suitably justified. I have been thinking of waiting for Intel 12th gen Alder Lake but I have heard new launches have theething issues initially and are ironed out with consequent launches. I don't know whether ryzen 5 (or Intel i5) is enough. I have been thinking of ryzen 5 3600 as their ryzen 5600x does not come with significant performance improvement. Linus might beg to differ. I don't know. Kindly advise. I am forgetting that Adobe's system requirement is that I should have graphics "Minimum Direct 3D DDI Feature Set: 10. For Intel GPU, drivers released in 2014 or later are necessary". The minimum required which will work without problems.

5600X is much faster than a 3600.

11400 would be a much better value than a 3600, often costing the same while being faster. Also 4gb RAM is not enough, even when idle you will already be using 80%, so having multiple windows open won't be a good experience.

I would still wait for 12th gen, because 11th gen will probably see a price drop.

Adding an SSD for the boot drive should help significantly too.

Also make sure you have a graphics card, otherwise you would get no display with a new CPU. If you don't I would recommend a 5600G instead.

This should be good:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($69.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Adorama) 
Total: $604.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-16 08:27 EDT-0400

What I would suggest is going for 16 Gigabytes of RAM. Linus showed that it can be hard to have multiple things open and Performance can be quite Bad. 16 Gigabytes or at least 8 is probably your sweet spot

As Indian PCpartpicker doesn't exist anymore I created a list with just amazon.in (you can search other local sites for better prices) 667 USD comes around to 50000 Indian rupees this build will come up to around 49310  :

CPU

Motherboard

RAM please buy 2 sticks for 16 GB (included in price provided above)

SSD

PSU you could save some money here and go with 650W or even 550W

CASE you could go with cheaper one but this is quality case with 3 fans already included and should last a long time 

Let me know what you think