Entering power save mode

Hello forum

Past few days I have had a problem, every time i try to restart my pc it wont boot back up, but instead the monitor turn black and say "entering power save mode". All the fans keep running, i can hear sounds of windows booting up and all lights are on. 

When turning the pc on after it has been turned off it works fine and boot up normally, but when I am playing a game, out of nowhere the monitor will turn black again and say the same message, while i still can hear the ingame sounds and such. 

Hope someone can help me figure out the problem.

IMG_20211016_134742.jpg

13 minutes ago, Aenea said:

Hello forum

Past few days I have had a problem, every time i try to restart my pc it wont boot back up, but instead the monitor turn black and say "entering power save mode". All the fans keep running, i can hear sounds of windows booting up and all lights are on. 

When turning the pc on after it has been turned off it works fine and boot up normally, but when I am playing a game, out of nowhere the monitor will turn black again and say the same message, while i still can hear the ingame sounds and such. 

Hope someone can help me figure out the problem.

IMG_20211016_134742.jpg

That looks like there is something wrong with either the graphics card or with the driver. I think the driver is most likely at fault. It looks like there is no issue with the Display cable since you said it's fine if you Boot it up

@DreamCat04

I just tried to install an older gpu driver, and same issue still happen. Is it really possible it is the gpu at fault, when every game run as it used to do, before the black screen with the message happen? It runs at same gpu usage, I get same amount of fps, same mhz and low temps?

Hmm. I don't know too much about components and their behavoours yet but I'd suggest downloading the Tool DDU and running it in Safe Mode. To get into Safe Mode, Press and hold the left shift key and then Press on restart in the Windows Start menu. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. Then your System reboots and on the next screen Choose Safe Mode with networking. In there, run DDU and afterwards get the newest graphics driver and install it. I don't know if this will fix your Problem but it fixes a lot of GPU issues