Clear CMOS button should be a standard.

My Mainboard Gigabyte B550I Aorus AX

TL;DR;

Add CMOS clear buttons to all Mainboards, I pay the 5euro extra if it comes down to "expenses".

I'm very butt hurt about this,

I've overclocked my ram 4400Mhz cl17, 2200if wasn't stable.

Removing and changing ram didn't help to make the PC post again or load default settings.

In other to unplug the CMOS battery that is hidden behind the heatsink. To access the battery I need to unscrew the Mainboard, remove the rear backplate, remove the M2 cover, then remove the M2 heatsink, then unscrew the whole VRM heatsink and then I was able to access the battery.

Why am I so butt hurt? How hard is it to add a toggle switch to turn on/off the CMOS battery. All you need is one more hole and a simple button next to the qflash button. They made a qflash button that I have never used since Ive started building pcs but I've used clear CMOS at least 100 times.

I just had my CPU water cooled, why I didn't take it off is because of the liquid metal thermal compound, it's really messy.

P_20211016_111434.jpg

P_20211016_105915.jpg

P_20211016_105845.jpg

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

It's more of a feature for overclocking focused mobos, as opposed to just overclocking capable. I'd also like to see power and reset buttons on mobo, makes using them on a bench more convenient. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Looking at the manual, there's a "Clear CMOS" header just above SYS_FAN2. You can actually see it in your first picture. Just below where it says "CLR CMOS" and "CLEAR CMOS"

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Or you could use the clear CMOS jumper pins that don't require you to remove that....

Didn't look at all the details, but is it much more accessible than the battery in this case? However, you can run wires to it with a switch on it, to make it easier to do. Probably too niche as a common product but it should exist. No different from power/reset switches you could even recycle from an old case for example.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 minutes ago, porina said:

Didn't look at all the details, but is it much more accessible than the battery in this case? However, you can run wires to it with a switch on it, to make it easier to do. Probably too niche as a common product but it should exist. No different from power/reset switches you could even recycle from an old case for example.

The fact that you don't have to remove anything to use it makes it significantly easier than removing the battery. Just bridge them with something metal for 10 seconds and you're done. 

There's plenty of things they could put on the board that don't really cost much, but from the manufacturer's standpoint, it makes sense to leave them for the high end boards they can charge more for, rather than putting them on the lower end chipsets and such and taking unique features away. I'd agree that it would be nice for them to have it, as well as onboard power buttons, but this is common among all manufacturers to keep features exclusive to more expensive boards.

EDIT: They're completely uncovered by the shroud, not even in a hard to access place. 

image.png.18d0678b0aaf9f8d183b6e69cad9bd8e.png

25 minutes ago, porina said:

It does exist: https://www.amazon.com/Warmstor-3-Pack-Desktop-Button-Computer/dp/B072FMVZJZ

I just searched "clear CMOS button" on Amazon and that was a top result.

Calm down guys, I just realized I'm a donkey with the help of reddit.

I was focused on finding the Battery, because if you think a lil more, how much work would it be for gigabyte to just add the damn button?
So i thought, so if there is no button, i need to take out the battery. But they added 2 pins there.

Why not a button tho, not that much more work to add a button. Make a hole, solder 2 cables, to the button, done.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

• 2 years later...

CMOS jumper works with PSU - ON, but System - OFF. 
Manual is fricking wrong. Gigabyte should be ashamed of it, spent hours because of this piece of crap

On 10/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

Or you could use the clear CMOS jumper pins that don't require you to remove that.... Would advise looking in the manual before complaining about missing features.

image.png.56449fde6564b5afa68fab13c746e237.png

Jumper didn work IDK why (tried 4 metal objects, twisting and pressing against those pins and holding each time 15+ sec)