The astro a50 wireless gen 4 is worthy as a replace for the sennheiser 6xx?

Hello comunity, the reason i ask this question is:

I actually own a pair of sennheiser 6xx and im really happy with its performance.

But my house most of the time is quite noisy.

So i have to use the 6xx at very high volume so i wont be distracted by ambient noise.

( besides the open back design is leaking a lot of my sound)

So i want to buy the astro a50 gen 4 or something similar ( doesnt matter if the ofered alternative is wired) because i need a closed back design so i wont get too distracted by noisy ambient sound.

But i dont want to sacrifice too much sound quality of the 6xx.

PD: i have big head and big ears. So i need something similar to the astro a50 gen 4

On 10/15/2021 at 11:44 PM, Nicolas Bossus said:

Hello comunity, the reason i ask this question is:

I actually own a pair of sennheiser 6xx and im really happy with its performance.

But my house most of the time is quite noisy.

So i have to use the 6xx at very high volume so i wont be distracted by ambient noise.

( besides the open back design is leaking a lot of my sound)

So i want to buy the astro a50 gen 4 or something similar ( doesnt matter if the ofered alternative is wired) because i need a closed back design so i wont get too distracted by noisy ambient sound.

But i dont want to sacrifice too much sound quality of the 6xx.

PD: i have big head and big ears. So i need something similar to the astro a50 gen 4

while a50 gen 4 isn't the worst you could do in terms of gaming headsets, It's absolutely not a recommendation. For the same price, I would go for the Final Sonorus III, paired with a meizu hifi dongle. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

The Shure SRH1540 to me sounded similar to the HD650, and are closed-back. Don't have an exact comparison to the 6xx but they're similar in quality.

https://headphonedatabase.com/oratory/headphones?ids=199,187

2021-10-19 12_22_59-Window.png

5 hours ago, IAmNotASmartMan said:

I have the Astro A50 gen 3 as my second headset, used to be primary. I wouldn't personally go back to buying Astros, the gen 4. For me, the design and quality of the base unit/charging connection was so frustratingly bad that I don't trust their design. They also constantly ripped my hair out, which no other headset ever has. It always felt like they were designed in software, then manufactured, I would question how much they actually tested the user experience.

I struggle with noise too and actually became pretty emotional when I first put on my Active Noise Cancelling XM4's, I didn't realize the extent of the stress I felt until everything became quiet. No PC noise, no neighbours, no traffic. I doubt they would pass your sound quality though, if you're an audiophile. So can't recommend what you should buy, just offering my review of Astros as a brand.

thanks for sharing the experience, i viewed more reviews of the astro a50 gen 4 and im not so sure about it now. i search for something comfortable (if it has a microphone will be better).

im a novice in the audiophile world, my first decent headphones where the sennheiser 280 hd pro, the sound and the bass was amaizing but the earcups broke. When i tried to replace the ear cups i ended up messing the internal cables of the left side.

then i got the 6xx and i was happy with its superior comfort ( not as comfortable as my previus 598cs, but pretty superior in sound quality). 

and the more balanced/neutral zone.

but now i realize the diference betwen closed/open back.

20 hours ago, ShearMe said:

The Shure SRH1540 to me sounded similar to the HD650, and are closed-back. Don't have an exact comparison to the 6xx but they're similar in quality.

https://headphonedatabase.com/oratory/headphones?ids=199,187

2021-10-19 12_22_59-Window.png

i forgot to specify, i cant afford something similar to 650, or 6xx, 

what do you people think of headphones like hyper x orbit s ? are good for big heads and ears ?

I have Gen 3 and for me they are most comfortable headset of all 5 that I use currently.

And trust me I have like 20 headsets at home...

It all depends,but I suggest you to try before buying.

Sound is pretty good,nothing spectacular just good.

They are not heavy to use,and pads are quite comfortable.

The only issue is when charging and placing to to dock you need to put them at exact angle.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I have Gen 3 and for me they are most comfortable headset of all 5 that I use currently.

And trust me I have like 20 headsets at home...

It all depends,but I suggest you to try before buying.

Sound is pretty good,nothing spectacular just good.

They are not heavy to use,and pads are quite comfortable.

The only issue is when charging and placing to to dock you need to put them at exact angle.

do you recomend the hyper x orbit s ? or hyper x cloud 2 wireless? i actually liked what i seen about hyper x headsets. but im not sure what i shall pick

i need something closed back with good/decent mic and the best posible sound quality.

price point: similar to those two.

On 10/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Nicolas Bossus said:

do you recomend the hyper x orbit s ? or hyper x cloud 2 wireless? i actually liked what i seen about hyper x headsets. but im not sure what i shall pick

i need something closed back with good/decent mic and the best posible sound quality.

price point: similar to those two.

For what?
I don't recommend any wireless headphones since cable always gives better sound quality.

I have Cloud Core from hyperX and so comfortable and I love that pumping bass from them.For music they are awesome.

If you want for gaming invest in real 5.1 headphones if you want 5.1 surround if not, you are good to go with hyperx for stereo sound.

I recommend cloud 2 or cloud alha,though cloud revolver is most expensive.

And they are very comfortable for me...but that is personal taste.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:10 PM, IAmNotASmartMan said:

This causes me so much stress lol

yep it's frustrating a lot.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I just wonder if astro is ever going to upgrade, the mic on the astro a50 is awful compared to competitors like the corsair virtuoso, but the speakers are probably better.

Also astro's have that early 2010's style, looks old.

(dont own one, have done way to much research and talked myself out of buying it like 20 times now)

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+