Watercooling parts question.

StellarLight

So I am trying to use my older cards to mine (yea I know most people will get mad hearing that word but I'm using old cards from older builds that I no longer needed, upgraded or consolidated so get over it) and was wanting to build a setup for cooling all the cards via water cooling. I know of water cooling blocks for the 2080 and 1080 but I have yet to find any blocks for the EVGA 1660 super and the MSI 1660 TI. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Stay healthy and have a good day.

Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x  | Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB @ 3600 MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Case: Phanteks Enthoo (black) | Storage: 512GB Adata SU800 SSD + 1TB Sabrent M.2 + 8TB Seagate External HDD | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Monitor: LG 27GN950-B

Bykski seems to make blocks for the 1660 and 1660 Ti, but honestly those aren't worth watercooling. Since you're going to mine I wouldn't even consider watercooling because it only adds to the costs you need to recoup. Buying 3 blocks will probably take around 1- 2 months of mining to get back. Furthermore, if you mine e.g. ETH what gets hit most is the memory and that the blocks don't really cool.

Personally I'd just tune them well for efficiency and enjoy the extra profits from not (over)spending on blocks.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Just now, tikker said:

Bykski seems to make blocks for the 1660 and 1660 Ti, but honestly those aren't worth watercooling. Since you're going to mine I wouldn't even consider watercooling because it only adds to the costs you need to recoup. Buying 3 blocks will probably take around 1- 2 months of mining to get back. Furthermore, if you mine e.g. ETH what gets hit most is the memory and that the blocks don't really cool.

Personally I'd just tune them well for efficiency and enjoy the extra profits from not (over)spending on blocks.

the issue i have is that i have room in the shed for the miner but no where else in the house but also want to protect the electronics from all the weather and such so was going to build a semi sealed enclosure. this would be bad for conventional cooling hence my wanting to pass through water and cool then that way. but if its not possible its not possible. thoughts on solutions to this? and yes we have days of high humidity that house systems deal with but that doesnt apply to the shed.

Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x  | Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 32GB @ 3600 MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Case: Phanteks Enthoo (black) | Storage: 512GB Adata SU800 SSD + 1TB Sabrent M.2 + 8TB Seagate External HDD | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Monitor: LG 27GN950-B

12 hours ago, StellarLight said:

the issue i have is that i have room in the shed for the miner but no where else in the house but also want to protect the electronics from all the weather and such so was going to build a semi sealed enclosure. this would be bad for conventional cooling hence my wanting to pass through water and cool then that way. but if its not possible its not possible. thoughts on solutions to this? and yes we have days of high humidity that house systems deal with but that doesnt apply to the shed.

A shed sounds like an enclosed something? I haven't run hardware "outside", but I don't see how watercooling would change much. You'll still need openings for the radiators or tubes, albeit smaller if only the tubes, and you'll still need airflow through the enclosure to provide some cooling to other components such a VRAM, VRMs etc.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 hours ago, tikker said:

A shed sounds like an enclosed something? I haven't run hardware "outside", but I don't see how watercooling would change much. You'll still need openings for the radiators or tubes, albeit smaller if only the tubes, and you'll still need airflow through the enclosure to provide some cooling to other components such a VRAM, VRMs etc.

hmmm...forgot about the cooling for the components on the actual motherboard....also the shed is on its last legs lol. the only holes i was looking at having was for the tubing and power and those were going to be sealed....now after the reminder about the motherboard i will have to rethink the whole idea. arg

tbh i would undervolt the GPU

or lock the voltage via afterburner

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

23 hours ago, StellarLight said:

hmmm...forgot about the cooling for the components on the actual motherboard....also the shed is on its last legs lol. the only holes i was looking at having was for the tubing and power and those were going to be sealed....

Undervolting really is your best option. You may need a better shed or place if you can't make a big hole for cool air intake and exhaust.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

its more of the shed is to keep the majority of the weather off but some times the weather still can cause issues via humidity and such in a shed. i am just trying to figure out how to protect the electronics without suffocating them in sealed containers.