Minecraft Server CPU Recomendation Needed

I need a recommendation for a Minecraft server CPU. That said here is what the situation is:

I currently have a Ryzen 7 2700x ( 3.9 Ghz all core) running dual channel 3200Mhz CL16 RAM (G.Skill Trident Z (non RGB) and I run a modded Minecraft server on it. There are 181 mods/addons and it has 10 gigs of ram dedicated to it and another 10 to my client that I connect with. I have 5 other players and myself who use the server usually 3-4 of us at a time and though there isn't a lot of lag i have noticed it is starting to show as more of the world gets loaded in.

I know Intel is generally considered king for Minecraft servers as it generally offers better single core performance what I need to know is what intel CPU can I use that would be more affordable (200 or less new or used) that would equally or outperform my current system processor? I know I want a Z platform MOBO for full XMP support however CPU overclocking isn't a huge concern as long as it is within price range given and outperforms my 2700x in single core or would I be better served just sticking with what I have? 

I would be running 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz CL16 RAM on the intel build which would allow me to allocate a full 14 gigs to the server as that's all it would be doing (keeping 2 for windows) and free up system ram to throw at my client side RAM allocation. Is this even worth it to do? I mostly just want to reduce server lag for myself and my players. I honestly wish Minecraft would leverage more cores/threads having 8 cores 16 threads is great for photo editing and multitasking but is useless in this situation.

4 minutes ago, TechKitty93 said:

I know I want a Z platform MOBO for full XMP support

B560 chipset brings back RAM overclock, its the classic Intel move of feature washing.

5 minutes ago, TechKitty93 said:

I know Intel is generally considered king for Minecraft servers as it generally offers better single core performance

Except for the fact that 5000 series have made that invalid. Honestly you gonna be better off updating your motherboard's BIOS as you have an AMD board as is. Get 5600x and max PBO the thing (with undervolts if nessesary).

7 minutes ago, TechKitty93 said:

I would be running 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 Mhz CL16

Corsair LPX binning is far, far inferior compared to tridentZ, stick to Gskill that you have.

8 minutes ago, TechKitty93 said:

I honestly wish Minecraft would leverage more cores/threads

To be fair, the client side experience is easily improved with a lot of performance optimization mods, but server side even with still run horribly while modded.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

B560 chipset brings back RAM overclock, its the classic Intel move of feature washing.

Would there be a 10th or 11th gen Intel processor in the 200 dollar (USD) range for this new of a chipset? i'm expecting to have to go used to hit my price point and am not sure i can find something this new. 

15 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Except for the fact that 5000 series have made that invalid. Honestly you gonna be better off updating your motherboard's BIOS as you have an AMD board as is. Get 5600x and max PBO the thing (with undervolts if nessesary)

This would both require me to buy a 64 gig RAM kit as my board doesn't work well with 4 DIMM configurations (wont run at XMP/DCOP speeds) so that I can give the server more operating RAM and spend nearly $400 additional on a CPU so that i'm not losing 2 cores as my current CPU is an Ryzen 7 not a Ryzen 5.  

20 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Corsair LPX binning is far, far inferior compared to tridentZ, stick to Gskill that you have.

My current RAM capacity is not enough to allow me to allocate more to the server as mentioned above and I already own the 16 gig Vengeance kit so it saves me a decent chunk of money.

In short your information and recommendations are good and I appreciate them however i'm very budget focused and they fall far outside of my budget. 

14 minutes ago, TechKitty93 said:

wont run at XMP/DCOP speed

Yeah, but the issue of this is caused by thr existing memory controller for 1000 and 2000 series that are so bad, that they cant run XMP speed without a huge bump to the voltage. 5000 series have ironed the kinks out completely, that even a vaguely bad bin could run XMP.

16 minutes ago, TechKitty93 said:

and spend nearly $400 additional on a CPU

Except for the fact that 5000 series have depreciated hard on the street price, theyre now 280$. With that money youre really only looking at a 10400F, with a really really cheaped out B460 which mind you, dont have XMP. And you really said it yourself, minecraft server client only realistically runs on 1 core, why do you have to care about core count?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah, but the issue of this is caused by thr existing memory controller for 1000 and 2000 series that are so bad, that they cant run XMP speed without a huge bump to the voltage. 5000 series have ironed the kinks out completely, that even a vaguely bad bin could run XMP.

So do you think if I upgraded my BIOS on my B450 Tomahawk and dropped in a 5000 series I would gain proper support for 4 DIMMs?

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

why do you have to care about core count?

Because my main rig is not just a gaming system I also do photo editing and graphic design and photoshop and illustrator definitely leverages the cores for better performance as well as my occasional video editing project. 

4 hours ago, TechKitty93 said:

I also do photo editing and graphic design and photoshop and illustrator definitely leverages the cores for better performance

As a fellow Ps user, i can attest that Ps honestly rarely scale above 6/12 at 4K or below, GPU performance would matter more.

4 hours ago, TechKitty93 said:

So do you think if I upgraded my BIOS on my B450 Tomahawk and dropped in a 5000 series I would gain proper support for 4 DIMMs?

At its XMP speed? It honestly should be, as most can get 3200-3600 at 4*16 config. But if you want a more optimized experience, a 2*32 would be a good idea but pretty off budget if you are really that strapped.

18 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

As a fellow Ps user, i can attest that Ps honestly rarely scale above 6/12 at 4K or below, GPU performance would matter more.

so if photoshop is eating up my cores and i'm also running my two servers (i also run a bedrock server) being limited on cores hurts my overall performance. I bought a 8 core 16 thread so I wouldn't have to be concerned about multitasking 

Back on the idea of a dedicated server rig, the i3 10100F is just under 100 USD if I put that in a B560 chipset do you think i could get it to run XMP speeds? or is that locked by the CPU not the chipset?