Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My total budget for a PC and monitor is $1350 USD. I've been looking for days and haven't found anything that might be worth the money. I need help, desperately. Would prefer a Ryzen CPU, as well as a 144hz monitor, but anything is fine.

Gonna be a stretch with the GPU market as it is.  have you tried looking for a used monitor?

Just now, IPD said:

Gonna be a stretch with the GPU market as it is.  have you tried looking for a used monitor?

No, I haven't. I should probably do that.

5 minutes ago, IPD said:

Update: I found a refurbished 144hz monitor on Amazon for about 150, so now my budget's down to 1200. I've found one PC, but it looks kinda... unreliable. and also the case allows for like no airflow on it but. Should I send the link to that and see what you think?

links always help.  prebuilts are like toxic radiation for many on this board...but at least they can help QC/sanity check.

4 minutes ago, magniflcent said:

That is convincing, for sure. Would have to see how an 11400F holds up to a Ryzen 5 5600X before I make any decisions.

It doesn't, the 5600X performs a lot better than the 11400F.

Also, PowerSpec is MicroCenter's house brand, and their quality is pretty good. If you live close enough to one, get it.

Just now, IPD said:

There's also this one:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ala232-master/p/N82E16883360066R?quicklink=true

save 90 bucks for a lower processor?

IDK.  Better value for sure if you build, but otherwise, you're probably looking at about the best bang for the buck.  I'd check microcenter's prebuilt reviews though, just to be sure.

I tried looking into building, but the GPU market is just so bad right now. Prebuilts is a last resort for me.

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It doesn't, the 5600X performs a lot better than the 11400F.

Also, PowerSpec is MicroCenter's house brand, and their quality is pretty good. If you live close enough to one, get it.

To be honest, the main thing holding me back from PowerSpec is the case and the RAM. I've watched a few benchmark videos now and the 11400F and 5600X seem to perform somewhat similarly, but I'd have to do more research.

2 minutes ago, magniflcent said:

To be honest, the main thing holding me back from PowerSpec is the case and the RAM. I've watched a few benchmark videos now and the 11400F and 5600X seem to perform somewhat similarly, but I'd have to do more research.

If you're just gonna be gaming on it, they'll perform almost identical to each other since they're both more than enough to supply a 3060 with instructions. If you're gonna do anything else with them (video editing, animation, etc.) the 5600X will be the faster CPU. The 11400F performs closer to a 3600X than it does a 5600X.

Also, those are the biggest disadvantages of the PowerSpec computer. The RAM I would really want to see being 3200MHz+, thought he case I'm pretty fine with. Nome of the components are super hard to cool, so while you do want more airflow in the case always, it's not as necessary as it would be for say an 11900k and a 3090 system.

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you're just gonna be gaming on it, they'll perform almost identical to each other since they're both more than enough to supply a 3060 with instructions. If you're gonna do anything else with them (video editing, animation, etc.) the 5600X will be the faster CPU. The 11400F performs closer to a 3600X than it does a 5600X.

Also, those are the biggest disadvantages of the PowerSpec computer. The RAM I would really want to see being 3200MHz+, thought he case I'm pretty fine with. Nome of the components are super hard to cool, so while you do want more airflow in the case always, it's not as necessary as it would be for say an 11900k and a 3090 system.

99% of what I'm going to be doing on this PC is gaming. I video edit sometimes, but absolutely nowhere near often enough to warrant sacrificing faster RAM and a good looking case (probably only 3-4 times a year).