Lian Li Galahad AIO360 vs EK AIO Basic 360mm for 5900x

pinkua
Hello!
I have 5900x with Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid Cooler
For some reason i get around 67c~71c in League of legend(aram), But my frined who copied my build (i built that computer for my friend) gets like 63c~65c.
In most of other games my friends temps are like 4~7c lower than me.
But we get same temp on Cinebench R23 test around 72c for 10mins
i tried replacing thermal paste, did not fix the problem .
so now i decied to just order new aio because of that reasons(also this cooler fans are supper loud)
i thinking about either Lian Li Galahad AIO360 or EK AIO Basic 360mm (ARE basic and D-RGB same for cooling performance or its different?) .
which one do you guys recommend also if you guys have any idea, why im having different temps on game when we have same build for computer, please let me know!
Thank you so much for reading!!!

(I know those might be normal temp for 5900x with that 360mm AIO, but it just feels weird that my cpu is 6c more hotter in games but on Cinebench we both have same temp)

You could probably just solve it with a voltage tweak 

Both aios are good have your pick.

I wouldnt expect much to change tho

The Capellix is a very decent AIO in its own right. I wouldn't expect to see much if any improvement by switching it out with either of these two.

The temperature difference between you and your friend is minimal and within margin of error for just being in a different environment. For example, maybe the room he has it in is slightly cooler than yours, etc. I wouldn't worry about it. The temps you're getting are totally fine as-is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

20 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

The Capellix is a very decent AIO in its own right. I wouldn't expect to see much if any improvement by switching it out with either of these two.

The temperature difference between you and your friend is minimal and within margin of error for just being in a different environment. For example, maybe the room he has it in is slightly cooler than yours, etc. I wouldn't worry about it. The temps you're getting are totally fine as-is.

True, it is just weird that we are getting same temp on Cinebench R23 10mins test but in game we have different temp.

also we tried to match our room temp at   
round 74.

however tysm for reply!

22 hours ago, narrdarr said:

You could probably just solve it with a voltage tweak 

Both aios are good have your pick.

I would expect much to change tho

Right 

I do not know the reason why I have same temp on cinebench r23 but in game my friend and mine have different temp.

ty for reply!

Same ambient temp, exact same build with identical  rpm:s on all coolers?

14 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Same ambient temp, exact same build with identical  rpm:s on all coolers?

Ambient might different by 1-2 but we both did have same ambient temp atm when we were testing and yes we double checked all the fans rpm to match each other. 

9 hours ago, pinkua said:

Ambient might different by 1-2 but we both did have same ambient temp atm when we were testing and yes we double checked all the fans rpm to match each other. 

Manufacturing tolerances must be horrible then if you put exact same wattage on parts. Or the most likely case of comparing apples and oranges.

730342579_performanceperdbA-Copy.png.246fcf834842b9281ae784db8f42ad3f.png

246933762_performanceperdollarfullspeed-Copy.png.d3f2ad13b5df6952349075406f7317e0.png

72297053_fannoise70fanspeed-Copy.png.3282bd1fde9f09dad26604987ebd1459.png1864400222_gallahadnoisenormalizedGN-Copy.thumb.png.af6653d7c15741dc30be3fefa5ee7651.png178274471_aiogallahadfullspeedGN-Copy.thumb.png.e043526e150c5574b8e450e94a8077a9.png 

Galahad vs 420 Arctic = HardwareBusters. Cross-reference no.1:  420 Arctic vs 360/280 Arctic (roughly equal*) = GamersNexus. Cross-reference no.2:  Galahad|Arctic vs EK AIO 360 **. Cross-reference no.3: EK AIO D-RGB 360 vs EK AIO Basic 360 (roughly equal***)

* For all intents and purposes (slightly roughly) ^

** Not as much, (moderately-highly) roughly comparable within the sets of their respective methodologies (GN vs HWB) ^

*** In between [*] and [**] (to the degree of roughness) Still useful as (same pump is at play).  ^

^ To summarize Lian Li Galahad AIO 360 RGB and EK-AIO Basic 360 are very close to each other, and the respective chart-toppers in the context of the 2 reviewers above (decent fans, good looks, decent pump, there's noise differences). 

Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360 does beat them on pure price-to-performance, and performance-to-noise-to-price ratios. The RGB/ARGB versions of Arctic Liquid Cooling Freezer II 360 should be very similar (fans are a bit worse than basic p12/p14).

tl;dr Go for whatever you like the looks of, the most xD.

To digress, Corsair Capellix is also in the HardwareBusters pictures, and the dBA cut-off for HardwareBusters is ~30dB where an average person would be ok with the fan speeds. ~1100 RPM for a 120mm style fan like the one on Galahad is about the max for an average person. 1155 RPM Galahad = 29dB with HardwareBusters.

830 RPM Galahad = 35dB with GamersNexus for comparison sake. the 830 RPM on Gamersnexus for a 120mm style fan like the on Galahad is very comfortable for almost every person.

tl;dr2 ~800RPM = almost no one complains, ~1100RPM, 50/50%.

This is just the base noise. If the fan has specific high / low frequency noise due to resonanse, motor, type of pitch, something else, that unfortunately combined with different types of ears and hearing will skew things more).

tl;dr3 The odds you get to tl;dr3 are quite small and you shouldn't be taking them into account at start.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:30 AM, Dogzilla07 said:

730342579_performanceperdbA-Copy.png.246fcf834842b9281ae784db8f42ad3f.png

246933762_performanceperdollarfullspeed-Copy.png.d3f2ad13b5df6952349075406f7317e0.png

72297053_fannoise70fanspeed-Copy.png.3282bd1fde9f09dad26604987ebd1459.png1864400222_gallahadnoisenormalizedGN-Copy.thumb.png.af6653d7c15741dc30be3fefa5ee7651.png178274471_aiogallahadfullspeedGN-Copy.thumb.png.e043526e150c5574b8e450e94a8077a9.png 

Galahad vs 420 Arctic = HardwareBusters. Cross-reference no.1:  420 Arctic vs 360/280 Arctic (roughly equal*) = GamersNexus. Cross-reference no.2:  Galahad|Arctic vs EK AIO 360 **. Cross-reference no.3: EK AIO D-RGB 360 vs EK AIO Basic 360 (roughly equal***)

* For all intents and purposes (slightly roughly) ^

** Not as much, (moderately-highly) roughly comparable within the sets of their respective methodologies (GN vs HWB) ^

*** In between [*] and [**] (to the degree of roughness) Still useful as (same pump is at play).  ^

^ To summarize Lian Li Galahad AIO 360 RGB and EK-AIO Basic 360 are very close to each other, and the respective chart-toppers in the context of the 2 reviewers above (decent fans, good looks, decent pump, there's noise differences). 

Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360 does beat them on pure price-to-performance, and performance-to-noise-to-price ratios. The RGB/ARGB versions of Arctic Liquid Cooling Freezer II 360 should be very similar (fans are a bit worse than basic p12/p14).

tl;dr Go for whatever you like the looks of, the most xD.

To digress, Corsair Capellix is also in the HardwareBusters pictures, and the dBA cut-off for HardwareBusters is ~30dB where an average person would be ok with the fan speeds. ~1100 RPM for a 120mm style fan like the one on Galahad is about the max for an average person. 1155 RPM Galahad = 29dB with HardwareBusters.

830 RPM Galahad = 35dB with GamersNexus for comparison sake. the 830 RPM on Gamersnexus for a 120mm style fan like the on Galahad is very comfortable for almost every person.

tl;dr2 ~800RPM = almost no one complains, ~1100RPM, 50/50%.

This is just the base noise. If the fan has specific high / low frequency noise due to resonanse, motor, type of pitch, something else, that unfortunately combined with different types of ears and hearing will skew things more).

tl;dr3 The odds you get to tl;dr3 are quite small and you shouldn't be taking them into account at start.

Ty so much for the reply, also sorry about the late reply! I decided to go with Galahad for now and if it does not work with me gonna try liquid freezer the only downside of liquid freezer for me is that I heard some people can not use their support bracket for am4 due to bigger size so some of motherboard’s heat sink for VRM or m.2 cover will conflict with the am4 socket.

idk if that is really a problem or not but that is what I heard from other people but super good performance.

1 hour ago, Dogzilla07 said:

@pinkuanp, glad to help. You've given up on EK ?

Yeah, since if I am gonnA give up rgb on pump block I should just go for liquid freezer II 360mm