Help finding Duel PSU E-ATX case - that's not the 1000d

TheNuzziNuzz

Hey guys, title says it all. My ideal case would be the CaseLabs SMA-8, but of course we all know what happened there. Looking for some ideas! I want something as small as possible that meets my requirements. The 1000D is very very big and i'd be wasting a lot of space as this won't be a duel system.

Thanks!

Computers r fun

The Lian Li O11 Dynamic does offer dual PSU IIRC, and I believe it does support eATX. 

That said, is there any reason you need dual PSUs?

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The Lian Li O11 Dynamic does offer dual PSU IIRC, and I believe it does support eATX. 

That said, is there any reason you need dual PSUs?

I actually am using the Dyanamic XL right now, I forgot to mention that in the OP. The trouble is that the E-ATX motherboard vastly overhangs the right side fan/radiator mount causing a clearance issue with radiators.

Yes, i'm running 4 3090s with a 3995wx.

Computers r fun

The O11D XL can fit EEB boards and up to 3 PSUs if you fancy.  I'm not sure why EATX would conflict with radiators though. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

7 hours ago, HM-2 said:

The O11D XL can fit EEB boards and up to 3 PSUs if you fancy.  I'm not sure why EATX would conflict with radiators though. 

IMG_20211011_003942_01.jpg

Computers r fun

1 hour ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Spoiler

Case p0rn

Enthoo Pro 2 is probably your case; Full SSI-EEB support while retaining the side mount RAD. 

image.thumb.png.927aa92bdf942b8fd0b92376a24987c7.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

30 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Case p0rn

Enthoo Pro 2 is probably your case; Full SSI-EEB support while retaining the side mount RAD. 

image.thumb.png.927aa92bdf942b8fd0b92376a24987c7.png

That's awesome! Thank you! This is acutally aweomse. I was going to buy a caselabs case, however they are far more expensive to not even get tempered glass.

Computers r fun

18 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

That's awesome! Thank you! This is acutally aweomse. I was going to buy a caselabs case, however they are far more expensive to not even get tempered glass.

If you need it now, I'd say pull the trigger, but if you can wait, I might hold off to see what a revived caselab case looks like. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

If you need it now, I'd say pull the trigger, but if you can wait, I might hold off to see what a revived caselab case looks like. 

Thanks!

I'm comparing that phanteks to the Elite

And also checking out the Thermaltake WP100.

I'm not a huge fan of the asthetic of the Pro 2.

I'm finding Phanteks website very unhelpful, I can't really figure out what the difference is between all the different products. Anything you could shed some light on?

Computers r fun

9 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I'm finding Phanteks website very unhelpful, I can't really figure out what the difference is between all the different products. Anything you could shed some light on?

P500A, P600S and Evolv X are all essentially the same internal frame, just different paneling and some minor changes. 

The Enthoo Pro 2 and Enthoo 719 (Formerly Luxe 2) are the same thing; same internal frame and features but different exterior paneling. 

The elite is it's own class of Super tower (more like a Cosmos, Level 20 or a 1000D) I actually forgot about that case because it's so high up in price and size that it's outside my realm of practicality. Besides small things like a Front HDMI pass thru I/O, there's not a whole lot the older elite does that the Enthoo 719 and Pro 2 cant. Plus it's as big, if not larger than the 1000D

37 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

P500A, P600S and Evolv X are all essentially the same internal frame, just different paneling and some minor changes. 

The Enthoo Pro 2 and Enthoo 719 (Formerly Luxe 2) are the same thing; same internal frame and features but different exterior paneling. 

The elite is it's own class of Super tower (more like a Cosmos, Level 20 or a 1000D) I actually forgot about that case because it's so high up in price and size that it's outside my realm of practicality. Besides small things like a Front HDMI pass thru I/O, there's not a whole lot the older elite does that the Enthoo 719 and Pro 2 cant. Plus it's as big, if not larger than the 1000D

Thank you!

I'd actually reather something smaller than the 1000d. So the Pro 2 sounds like a good option. Your saying the 719 is the same thing? I like the external appearance a lot more.

Computers r fun

15 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Thank you!

I'd actually reather something smaller than the 1000d. So the Pro 2 sounds like a good option. Your saying the 719 is the same thing? I like the external appearance a lot more.

Yes, the Enthoo 719 has aluminum paneling and more closed off ventilation, while the Pro 2 uses plastics and a full mesh. Performance wise the Pro 2 delivers better airflow, however subjectively the 719 "looks" better. So it'as up to you what you want to prioritize (given 4 3090's and a 3995WX)

You may find some better info from Den-Fi's build notes from when he did a similar but more toned down version of what you're trying to accomplish. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GXXPxr

20 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Ah yes, I totally forgot about the side radiator. I reckon you could still get a slim one under there though you'd have to put the fans on the back.

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

22 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

i heard a roomer that caselabs is back...so im guessing steel and tempered glass....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, HM-2 said:

Ah yes, I totally forgot about the side radiator. I reckon you could still get a slim one under there though you'd have to put the fans on the back.

I just don't think it looks very nice with the board hanging out like that. Plus, where do I mount the res + pump

Computers r fun

13 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I just don't think it looks very nice with the board hanging out like that. 

You can get s support for it from Lian Li that accommodates the larger boards. 

13 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I just don't think it looks very nice with the board hanging out like that. Plus, where do I mount the res + pump

I'm sure there would still be space? You could always go front distro too.

On 10/14/2021 at 6:47 AM, tkitch said:

Raijintek Eris Evo supports dual PSUs

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=124  

Or the Enyo, which looks really cool and customizable

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=101

(But I'll cop, probably not the most practical choices)

I had never even heard of this company before. Where would I even buy one of these in the US?

Computers r fun

On 10/14/2021 at 2:08 AM, HM-2 said:

You can get s support for it from Lian Li that accommodates the larger boards. 

I'm sure there would still be space? You could always go front distro too.

The trouble I didn't realize is that this also blocks off clearence from mounting a full sized rad on the right, leaving me with just 2 360s. It would be theoretically do-able but I'm going to go with something different.

Computers r fun

12 hours ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

I had never even heard of this company before. Where would I even buy one of these in the US?

Watch more LTT!  Linus has reviewed a couple of their products before.  

Newegg has some of their stuff, and I'm sure other vendors carry things, too.