LTT Official Folding Month 2021!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Well here we are guys, the end of the road for folding month 2021, thank you all for getting involved and I hope you guys have a good christmas and new year. 

Remember if you are wanting to continue talking about folding, the event or anything related you can go the the folding community board

@TVwazhere @Spotty Could you please lock the thread and move any further posts after this one to the folding community board. 

17 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Why is it "newbie" for 2 years in the first place?

You get upgrades at 3 and 5 events 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Chrome crashed at around 505 tabs lol... RIP chrome... Tonight is going to be a fun night for it.

21 hours ago, HeavensLastHope said:

A storm rolled by last night causing almost a brown out. So I shut all my units down for the night just to be safe. Went to work pretty stressed due irl stuff and came home late straight out exhausted. So I had forgotten about my units even being turned off.

Went to start them up and walked away while I took care of my dogs. Came back and turned on my monitor for my 4x3060 system and F@H was folding again. With 5% done into 4 different WU... I feel obligated to finish those WUs now. 🤣

Thankfully no casualties from the power flickering. Just glad no storms passed by while Folding was happening.

You should really consider investing in a UPS even a few minutes of on time is better than brownouts. They still can kill things after the fact they don't always kill instantly like surges can. I warned someone locally a few weeks before their DVR died from a brownout+surge(maybe) to buy a UPS, they could afford it they refused to do so and paid the price for it. With 4 3060's with street value of what around 5K? I think a $200 purchase is a cheap investment 😉

15 hours ago, xWeegix said:

I also run a typical APC 1500VA UPS for my server and internet. I actually used it during the event when I had a power outage for 5 hours. Server and networking are on it just for a little safety but it did its job well. Server ran for another 15 min then gracefully shutdown and internet stayed up for another hour.

I have...

2 rando UPS's (forget names) 600~ 700~ one for my server (old UPS for my computer) one for my internet, aka my phone will die before my internet does 🤣

1 UPS 750? I got for free from Amazons screwup (U1 rack not the one below, somehow...) for my wifi and anything else I feel like plugging into it, including the old XP.

1 CyberPower BRG1500AVRLCD for my current computer.

1 dead unit that I need to replace the battery but the dumb clowns when manufacturing stripped the screw...

1 more that will be giving to family with their new computer an APC BR1500MS2 (they would have a heart attack if they found out how much it cost lol)

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Why is it "newbie" for 2 years in the first place?

Just to make sure you don't pull a Linus and drop it.

6 hours ago, Mxyzptlk said:

Ahhhhhh, I'm a Mythic Newbie 🥲

Hi Five Bro same boat 😛

Intel 10900X and 10850KA. NVIDIA 3090FE and EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N Hydro Copper. 196GB RAM. 2x Corsair AX1200I power supplies, $6K in Corsair Hydro-X Custom cooling all wrapped up in a Phantex Enthoo Elite dedicated to supporting F@H (User ID PEZUI on team LTT! 223518)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/ofazed/i_might_as_well_at_least_commit_to_this_if_i_am/ 

58 minutes ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

I am only a legendary Newbie. Maybe i can reach mythic before the bar is raised again.

It will be some time before the requirements for badges change again

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Well guys, time to fire up the RNG and hand out some prizes... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It will be some time before the requirements for badges change again

yeah with my luck it will be 1 month before i get to it like last time 😉 

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

1 hour ago, fordy_rounds said:

Confetti Party GIF - Confetti Party Balloons - Discover & Share GIFs

linus touches the rng...

how did you break the un breakable......

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

35 minutes ago, cbigfoot said:

yeah with my luck it will be 1 month before i get to it like last time 😉 

I could have gone for the gold badge (or whatever's next for me, I think it's gold) before the changed threshold if I wanted to and gotten it with I think 2 days to spare, but I deliberately chose not to because I wanted to do it the hard way and the next badge (Platinum) would be way out of reach for me anyway. Anything to incentivize more folding, right?

But then I forgot lol, and now that plan's on hold for the foreseeable future. I barely participate on the forum other than folding and BOINC events anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

6 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well guys, time to fire up the RNG and hand out some prizes... 

Sorry my partner is here for the weekend, luckily she goes to bed early so it should be up today, just in a few hours time 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

I am only a legendary Newbie. Maybe i can reach mythic before the bar is raised again.

at my rate of folding (1.5 million/day) i will need to fold 24/7 for 26 months to reach the next tier

5 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Sorry my partner is here for the weekend, luckily she goes to bed early so it should be up today, just in a few hours time 

I love how she decided tonight was the night she wanted to stay up with me and watch a movie. I've been working on the blog post, it's 70% done but I need some sleep. Sorry to keep delaying, but don't worry, it will get out there eventually.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I love how she decided tonight was the night she wanted to stay up with me and watch a movie. I've been working on the blog post, it's 70% done but I need some sleep. Sorry to keep delaying, but don't worry, it will get out there eventually.

She's just trying to make you feel better. 🙂

The blog will come when the blog comes.  Take time to live! 🙂 

20 minutes ago, justpoet said:

She's just trying to make you feel better. 🙂

The blog will come when the blog comes.  Take time to live! 🙂 

The folding fans are finally off. It's the only time GOT isn't watching the folding screen for errors! 😆

26 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Whats the movie of choice for the evening? 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:08 AM, dogwitch said:

side bar.

will you ever be trying some boinc projects?

I have the feeling my pc is too potato for that atm. Is that mostly CPU or GPU?

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Enjoy your night ... I really wish you a fast and painless recovery.  Well... Witcher Season2 is out... finally.  I smell binge watching over this weekend ...

6 hours ago, XenosTech said:

I have the feeling my pc is too potato for that atm. Is that mostly CPU or GPU?

it can be ether one or both.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Well here we are guys, the end of the road for folding month 2021, thank you all for getting involved and I hope you guys have a good christmas and new year. 

Remember if you are wanting to continue talking about folding, the event or anything related you can go the the folding community board

@TVwazhere @Spotty Could you please lock the thread and move any further posts after this one to the folding community board. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240