[NPU] AUO Announces Highest Resolution AMOLED Display To Date (2560 x 1440)

KakaoDj

Source

Is it just me who thinks 1080p is enough for phones?  :unsure:

Taiwanese company AU Optronics announced the highest resolution AMOLED display to date. The company's new 5.7-inch AMOLED panel breaks barriers by packing an incredible QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution, which translates to an insane pixel density of 513ppi. AUO also has a 6-inch QHD panel, in addition to a 1.6-inch AMOLED display for wearables and the thinnest 5-inch (HD) AMOLED panel which is just 0.57mm at its thickest.

8247-d4850e18_680_400.jpg

Watch 4K be available to phones

Before people can afford large 4k monitors they can get 4k phones. Makes sense............in WTF kind of universe?

so this girl - that btw looks kinda stupid - is holding a screen, why? 513 ppi, why? I mean they could use a 1080p screen, say its 1440p and you would not notice the difference... and they want this to go into phones with a msrp of 600 dollars? ok then, WHERE THE F*CK IS MY AFFORDABLE 27-ish" 4K MONITOR?

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

so this girl - that btw looks kinda stupid - is holding a screen, why? 513 ppi, why? I mean they could use a 1080p screen, say its 1440p and you would not notice the difference... and they want this to go into phones with a msrp of 600 dollars? ok then, WHERE THE F*CK IS MY AFFORDABLE 27-ish" 4K MONITOR?

It actually just came  :lol:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/samsung-unwraps-five-new-displays-including-an-affordable-28-inch-4k-screen/#!Dt851

aaaaahahaha, no.

im still using a phone with a 480x800 screen i can't see the pixels unless it's 3 inches from my face, this is just un-nesesary.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Any higher than 1080p on a phone is stupid.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

aaaaahahaha, no.

im still using a phone with a 480x800 screen i can't see the pixels unless it's 3 inches from my face, this is just un-nesesary.

Any higher than 1080p on a phone is stupid.

Oculus Rift

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Before people can afford large 4k monitors they can get 4k phones. Makes sense............in WTF kind of universe?

The same universe that needs 1440p for 6-inch screens >.>

Who knows - maybe it does make a difference. I'm not going to judge until I see it in person.

In a universe where the people who buy smartphones are a much larger audience than PC enthusiasts.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

That chick looks like a dude...

Probably a was a boy from Thailand

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

It's easier, and cheaper, to make higher resolution displays on a smaller scale. It's the difficulty and cost of producing large panels that has limited the availability of 4K monitors and TVs. That's also combined with the issue of low refresh rates and high response times on larger displays.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

aaaaahahaha, no.

im still using a phone with a 480x800 screen i can't see the pixels unless it's 3 inches from my face, this is just un-nesesary.

I think you need your eyes checked... 720p I can believe, but 480p, no way. My old HTC Desire HD looks terrible compared to my GS3. As long as pixel density is about 330ppi, it will look great. Anything below looks poor, and anything above is pointless.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

It's almost insulting how quick manufacturers are able to pump out these higher and higher resolution IPS mointors.  Good 1440p Monitors are just now reaching the ~$500 range that are decent for gaming, but shrink it down to 4.7"s and it's expected.  I was just talking to my buddy asking him how he liked 1440p after getting the 27" iMac.  He literally had no idea  what 1440p was lol.

when can i get my 16K monitor?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

when can i get my 16K monitor?

Well there already is an 8k tv so my guess is you have 2 more years max until the first one comes out.

does anyone actually know when display resolution stops to matter and at what pixel density cant the human eye differentiate any more?

That chick looks like a dude...

O don't know what is stranger the fact you called that person a chick knowing it is probably a guy or the person who looks like a guy.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

O don't know what is stranger the fact you called that person a chick knowing it is probably a guy or the person who looks like a guy.

I'm sorry for your confusion but not one guy would dress like this :D

144Hz goodness

I'm sorry for your confusion but not one guy would dress like this :D

Oh no there are some men that dress up as women trust me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think you need your eyes checked... 720p I can believe, but 480p, no way. My old HTC Desire HD looks terrible compared to my GS3. As long as pixel density is about 330ppi, it will look great. Anything below looks poor, and anything above is pointless.

yeah but it's windows phone, and it has the best AA i have ever seen, it is actually hard to see the pixels. i had a phone with a 720 screen and it was actually easier to see the pixels because the os didn't have any proper AA.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

does anyone actually know when display resolution stops to matter and at what pixel density cant the human eye differentiate any more?

Pretty sure this vsauce vid answers that, can't remember though. Interesting watch anyway : )

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.