Posting again… help!

d_hutchins

Hello,

I'm sure many have been in the situation that I am in where you bought parts several months ago, thinking you would be able to buy an RTX 30-series card and AMD 5000 Series processor immediately. Well I was finally able to get my hands on the remaining parts and was able to build my PC a month ago. Problem is, it won't boot. Here's what my father and I have tried to troubleshoot:

• Replaced motherboard with previous system working mb (Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7)
  • Replaced Ryzen 7 5800X with working Ryzen 5 1600X
  • Replaced Asus ROG RTX 3090 Strix with working Zotac AMP! GTX 1080
  • Taken out Samsung M.2 970 Evo 1TB
  • MB updated to version F30 for 5000 series compatibility prior to build

The only way we were able to get it to boot was going back to X370 and 1600X. It worked with both graphics cards and M.2 installed, but couldn't test the 5800X since it's not compatible. So naturally we concluded the motherboard was the issue, opened an RMA and Gigabyte found that there were "No issues after testing with multiple configurations". So I thought it was fixed, and swapped everything in to make it new. No boot once again. At this point, I'm not sure if Gigabyte is terrible in RMA service or if something else is wrong. My spec sheet is listed below if there's anything I'm not thinking of:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
  • CPU Cooler: Gigabyte AORUS LIQUID COOLER 360
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4
  • Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3090 24GB ROG STRIX WHITE OC
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
  • Storage 2: Western Digital Black 6 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
  • Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
  • Extras: 6x Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120mm fans
  • Corsair Fan Controller Commander Pro
  • Case: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic ATX Full Tower

Much appreciated if anyone would be able to provide some clarity on this, I have been able to use the computer with the X370 board, 1600X and 3090 config, just annoying that it isn't all the way built.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: after 2 RMA’s with Gigabyte, they still said mobo was fine. Now the system was able to work in my old case, 5800x and 1080 with x570 board. Idk anymore with this…

You did update the bios on the x570 board right? 5000 series didnt exist when x570 came out so you have to update bios. They probably tested with ryzen 3000 chips.

Also Gigabytes RMA service is BY FAR the worst in the industry, im not suprirsed that they are absolutely useless and should never be given the chance to touch hardware ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I updated the BIOS beforehand. I’ve already pulled the old Gigabyte board and replaced it with an ASUS.