Is it possible to run mining with 2 RX 470 8GB at the same time on windows 10?

Go to solution Solved by da na,

Welcome to the forums!

Yes you can do that. But what are you mining? Most coins aren't profitable to mine with GPUs anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!

Yes you can do that. But what are you mining? Most coins aren't profitable to mine with GPUs anymore. 

HI! Thanks for the answer! I have not purchased the gpus yet, but I am going to... https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/amd-rx-470-8gb That's what nicehash is saying. I am going to spend like 1000-1100 USD and It says that I will get like 3.6$ a day. Sorry for my bad grammar.

57 minutes ago, Abo Sultsadze said:

HI! Thanks for the answer! I have not purchased the gpus yet, but I am going to... https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/amd-rx-470-8gb That's what nicehash is saying. I am going to spend like 1000-1100 USD and It says that I will get like 3.6$ a day. Sorry for my bad grammar.

Make sure to enter correct values for power draw of the whole system and the cost of power. The site assumes $0.1 per kWh which isn't necessarily correct.

At $3.6 per day, it'll take roughly 306 days to break even; before you start earning profits. This assumes the price of crypto and power stays stable during that time.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Yep, take note at what @Eigenvektor says about price and return of investment. Ethereum is picking up a little pace towards Proof of Stake, after which it won't be mineable anymore. There is now a proposal to postpone the so-called "difficulty bomb" to may next year, but I feel a warning about pouring a significant sum of money into buying GPUs for mining currently is not misplaced. At best you'll have the lion's share of your investment back by the time hits, at worst it'll hit this December as intended and in both cases you'll have to hope that other GPU mineable coins pick up or stay profitable.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Yeah that initial outlay is steep for your returns.

I realise the market is screwed right now but some of the initial 1660S and 3000 series could have ROI of like 3 or 4 months.