Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
On 10/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, Egg-Roll said:

Then explain the ending of this video where he states if you're fine owning a non-upgradable laptop in such a negative way where in the past (prior to investing in frameworks) he wasn't as negative sounding or snarky.

Sure. This laptop was a solid couple steps beyond most in terms of not being able to take it apart, to include MacBooks. I feel like that's super clear in the video?

While others are asking LMG to stop in total, I'm just saying Linus needs to stop in total, the problem is he likely wont hence why no one should trust anything LMG says about laptops ever again, good or bad.

Both are unreasonable. There isn't a problem. Again, if you felt Linus was trustworthy before then there's really no practical reason to think he'll suddenly start tinting any and all Windows to support his investment. If you feel he isn't now, then you clearly didn't before.

Not for nothing dude, but what should we distrust in this video? What does he say here that's incorrect? Your big concern is that he notes that it's particularly hard to disassemble... a consistent complaint in anything difficult to disassemble.

Their 'reviews' are not reviews and should never be what someone depends on when buying a $2,000 laptop. They're fun little overviews of products, and the vast majority of people watching it have zero intention of buying one.

3 hours ago, Jaesop said:

Sure. This laptop was a solid couple steps beyond most in terms of not being able to take it apart, to include MacBooks. I feel like that's super clear in the video?

So the fact they missed a hidden screw it's ok to label it as unfriendly to repair and upgrade and not even bother to find out if such claims are actually true or not?

No it's not super clear what's super clear is that they never bothered to prove their claims, show me where they proved their claims in the video, all they did was rip the backing off because of one screw and took out the SSD. They didn't look for the ram nothing. What part of that isn't super clear? All of it I guess?

3 hours ago, Jaesop said:

Both are unreasonable. There isn't a problem. Again, if you felt Linus was trustworthy before then there's really no practical reason to think he'll suddenly start tinting any and all Windows to support his investment. If you feel he isn't now, then you clearly didn't before.

Not for nothing dude, but what should we distrust in this video? What does he say here that's incorrect? Your big concern is that he notes that it's particularly hard to disassemble... a consistent complaint in anything difficult to disassemble.

Their 'reviews' are not reviews and should never be what someone depends on when buying a $2,000 laptop. They're fun little overviews of products, and the vast majority of people watching it have zero intention of buying one.

No both are not unreasonable, there is a problem, if you don't see a problem then that's on you. So you are saying you wouldn't have a biased opinion towards a company you heavily invest into in hopes it will succeed to ensure your investment repays itself? If you think that then you clearly haven't invested in a company as everyone wants their money to grow esp if they invest in it. So by saying what you said you are telling me if I or anyone else who has the cash to invest in a company that we would never have a urge to ensure our investment matures and pays out if we have the ability to help it to do so? Good to know that you know every human being on the planets personality (and completely disprove shows like The Dragons Den) and know that there is no way money can manipulate the way a person thinks or does things. The sad reality is money changes people, look at his videos 5+ years ago vs today not production value but quality of content, which provides more information which feels more reliable? His/LMGs trust has slowly diminished over time due to the fact their current ways is what brings in the money, you're blind if you can't see that.

The ending, the ending is the part he is potentially incorrect about, show me where the ram is on the laptop on the video, go on show me... Oh wait you can't. No my concern isn't the fact it's hard to disassemble, if one hidden screw makes it hard then never try working on a car, or a desktop computer for that matter. Once again show me where I'm wrong, all you have done is sided with him without proving anything, I know you won't because he literally provided nothing more than a hidden screw. Hidden screws are a common thing in the industry he should have known better, the fact he should have known better means he likely did it on purpose. Also after the hidden screw all he did after was remove the SSD nothing else, so how can you or Linus even claim the computer is even hard to disassemble? How can he claim it's not upgradable without showing proof? If you saw proof in the video show me the proof, because Linus sure as hell didn't in the video.

I agree on the first part, but that second part? No you are 100% wrong, there are many people who will see a video made by someone with millions of subscribers and take their claims as facts without double checking it (it's the stupid world we live in, and the last 1.5 years has proven that). If the cheaper recommendation in the middle/close to end of the video didn't sway them away the MS Surface the ending could have, it's not about buying the laptop it's actually the destructiveness of this video towards the laptops purchasability. Put yourself in MS's shoes watching this video, you know he has an interest in a laptop manufacture and the ending of this video was so carelessly done it could have legal implementations because Linus never confirmed his claims on screen all MS would have to prove in court is something can be upgraded and it was clearly careless and stupid of Linus not to think to look for another screw when the backing didn't come off but decided to use destructive force instead and claim it being unfriendly to users and it having no upgradable path. It's a fairly easy win for MS if they wanted to make a legal case of it assuming one thing can be upgraded.

So no he should just leave the laptop videos for his employees to do, this time was bad but the worst has yet to come if he keeps it up. Is he right about it not being upgradable? After a quick google search technically yes (but they still never showed proof of this), but equally he claimed no upgradability, technically speaking the SSD is upgradable and if you have the patience of anyone older than a 5 year old it's easily can be disassembled so therefore he was wrong, mostly right but also wrong.

His words exactly in the video: "you will never ever ever open it up and hope to put it back together with upgraded components"

So I guess him being able to remove the SSD disproves his own words. Yet you still feel like he's somehow creditable? The courts will see this possibly as a direct result of having an interest in another company if MS wanted to make it a thing because I'm sure past laptop teardowns have had hidden screws like the one in the Surface plus the fact he made a claim about how the laptop can't be upgraded at all when clearly the SSD can be therefore those claims false. I can't see that happening, but because it likely won't happen doesn't mean MS doesn't have a case against LMG, it just means it's not financially worth their time, yet. Today the best outcome for anyone going after LMG is not financial (tho legal fees can be reimbursed and those can get nasty on their own) but forcing Linus to lawfully step out of all laptop videos (maybe LMG as whole) similarly to how Elon is forbidden to talk about stocks on twitter and currently it's not worth pursuing for that reason.

If he wants to make a point about hidden screws in laptops MAKE A WHOLE VIDEO ABOUT IT, don't victimize one laptop for an industry thing that is just begging for issues.

On 10/15/2021 at 1:55 AM, Egg-Roll said:

So the fact they missed a hidden screw it's ok to label it as unfriendly to repair and upgrade and not even bother to find out if such claims are actually true or not?

...they did find out. It's difficult to take apart.

No both are not unreasonable, there is a problem, if you don't see a problem then that's on you.

"If you disagree with me that's on you!"

I... guess?

The rest of your comment is a massive ramble dude. I have to know everyone's personality on the planet? Good grief.

So I guess him being able to remove the SSD disproves his own words. Yet you still feel like he's somehow creditable?

lmao yes, I do not think he has lost all credibility because he pointed out a machine isn't intended for user modification

You clearly think otherwise, and have long before the Framework stuff. So why pretend that's your reasoning?

If he wants to make a point about hidden screws in laptops MAKE A WHOLE VIDEO ABOUT IT, don't victimize one laptop for an industry thing that is just begging for issues.

lmao dude what?

"He can't point out a FLAW in a LAPTOP unless he does A FULL VIDEO showing it on ANY LAPTOP THAT HAS IT"

His words exactly in the video: "you will never ever ever open it up and hope to put it back together with upgraded components"

So I guess him being able to remove the SSD disproves his own words.

I love how you wrote this after:

Is he right about it not being upgradable? After a quick google search technically yes

I'll end with this:

Put yourself in MS's shoes watching this video, you know he has an interest in a laptop manufacture and the ending of this video was so carelessly done it could have legal implementations because Linus never confirmed his claims on screen all MS would have to prove in court is something can be upgraded and it was clearly careless and stupid of Linus not to think to look for another screw when the backing didn't come off but decided to use destructive force instead and claim it being unfriendly to users and it having no upgradable path. It's a fairly easy win for MS if they wanted to make a legal case of it assuming one thing can be upgraded.

That is not an 'easy win', because it would never be a lawsuit. An actual error in a review is not something people can reasonably be sued over.

You are very confident in your legal knowledge which is unfortunate because your massive run on sentence demonstrates it's not quite up to par.

25 minutes ago, Jaesop said:

...they did find out. It's difficult to take apart.

By acting like 5 years old sure. Like I said if they spent a few minutes troubleshooting like adults they wouldn't have broken anything.

lmao yes, I do not think he has lost all credibility because he pointed out a machine isn't intended for user modification

You clearly think otherwise, and have long before the Framework stuff. So why pretend that's your reasoning?

Remove a bunch of screws including that one stupid hidden one and wouldn't you know it at least one part of the computer is upgradable.

How hard is that to figure out? The point is a single aspect at least of that computer is upgradable, advisable? Maybe not so much but considering it's a MS product a USB windows key should work just fine... Hence upgradable.

"He can't point out a FLAW in a LAPTOP unless he does A FULL VIDEO showing it on ANY LAPTOP THAT HAS IT"

It's not a flaw for a single laptop, look at page one...

I love how you wrote this after:

YES! Exactly my point the fact Linus failed to mention anything about that is my point was it too much for him to explain why the main parts outside of the SSD can't be upgraded? Were they so pressed for time they couldn't add those few simple words?

That is not an 'easy win', because it would never be a lawsuit. An actual error in a review is not something people can reasonably be sued over.

You are very confident in your legal knowledge which is unfortunate because your massive run on sentence demonstrates it's not quite up to par.

Oh boy are you wrong, you can get sued over anything including something completely stupid and lose to it.

It's a run-on sentence sure but it's not as stupid as you might thing. People have been sued, threatened etc over reviews, and in some cases like the one Linus has put himself in they have a good chance to win if they so wished. Like I said right now the only thing they likely can accomplish is by demanding him or LMG to stop making reviews for laptops, which is hardly worth MS's time and money. 

FYI It's not an error if you have an interest in a company that competes in the same sector. Why do you think car commercials have their competitors logos removed in their ads?

Also care to prove me wrong? Because you still failed to show me the proof Linus showing in the video on how the laptop is unupgradable... So I don't have much hope on you proving me wrong here, just whining about stuff while claiming I know nothing all the while not proving anything.

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

By acting like 5 years old sure. Like I said if they spent a few minutes troubleshooting like adults they wouldn't have broken anything.

They didn't say the only way to open it was breaking it lmao

4 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

It's not a flaw for a single laptop, look at page one...

It's a flaw this laptop has. Reading is important.

YES! Exactly my point the fact Linus

No it was not your point lmao

Oh boy are you wrong, you can get sued over anything including something completely stupid and lose to it.

lmao making a compelling case here my guy

Look dude - you have some issue in general with Linus or LTT, or whatever. Your arguments aren't based in reality.

This won't be a productive conversation because your mind is made up and you are unwilling to argue in good faith, or to consider anything I'm saying.

Have a good one.

8 hours ago, Jaesop said:

It's a flaw this laptop has. Reading is important.

Like you said reading is important, this laptop isn't the only one...

No it was not your point lmao

It really was, Linus claimed something with no proof backing his claim, the only way I found out was via googling, and that information came from a indirect source not directly from MS.

mao making a compelling case here my guy

Look dude - you have some issue in general with Linus or LTT, or whatever. Your arguments aren't based in reality.

This won't be a productive conversation because your mind is made up and you are unwilling to argue in good faith, or to consider anything I'm saying.

Have a good one.

Oh look once again not proving me wrong but only replying generic stuff.

My arguments are based on reality even if you don't think they are, it is very much fact people can and have been sued for basically anything and everything and lose. So yes Linus could get sued over his final words.

Uh in order for us to have a productive conversation it requires both parties to be "productive" I asked to be proven wrong you have continuously failed to do just that, you are the one you has failed to provide a productive conversation.