PC turns on then immediately off. I'm so confused.

ImServs
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,

unplug the SSDS. Maybe look for the Motherboard Bios Toggle if i t has one, sometimes it gets corrupted and you have to use the backup. Otherwise it May be a dead board or dead CPU. My x99 Died after 4 years, nothing i did fixed it. Never did find out if it was the board or cpu but everything else worked on the new build

The power button is pressed, the case, gpu, and cpu fans spin up, the mobo, AIO, and fans light up, then it all turns off. Im at a loss for what could be causing this.

• Motherboard - Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • CPU - Ryzen 9 3950X
  • AIO - NZXT z73
  • Memory - Crucial Ballistix 64GB (x2 32) 3200Mhz 16 CAS
  • SSD - 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2
  • GPU - EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC3
  • PSU - EVGA 850watt SuperNOVA GA
  • Fans - Lian Li UNI Fans
  • Case - Phanteks Enthoo 719

What i have tried already:

• Swapping PSU and cables (EVGA is new PSU and new cables / Old was Phanteks)
  • Making sure x3 AIO fans arent required to be plugged in (they dont matter plugged in or not)
  • Pulled out GPU and tried turning on
  • Different wall plug
  • Cleared CMOS
  • Reseated, swapped positions, and tested each individual stick of ram
  • Used on-board power button instead of case IO

What i haven't tried and why:

• Different CPU (this build is new but the CPU is not, and was working fine for years now.)
  • Different motherboard (This mobo has been used with this CPU for years without issue)
  • Different Ram (Ram has been working with mobo and CPU for years)
  • Different AIO (it seems to be turning on when powered on)
  • Different SSD (unsure if that can even cause such an issue. assuming it would still boot to bios)
  • New GPU (removing it changed nothing and also, i'm not a billionaire lol)

Im officially at a loss for what could be happening here. ive TRIPLE CHECKED all the cables are plugged in all the way. Any ideas?

unplug the SSDS. Maybe look for the Motherboard Bios Toggle if i t has one, sometimes it gets corrupted and you have to use the backup. Otherwise it May be a dead board or dead CPU. My x99 Died after 4 years, nothing i did fixed it. Never did find out if it was the board or cpu but everything else worked on the new build

Sorry, this probably won't be helpful, but I had the exact same shit.
It started working again after several days without doing anything.
Then it happened again and "phases" started to establish.

It worked for weeks and had a week of turning off either after some seconds or minutes.
To this day, I don't know what it caused.

However, changed to Debian, never unexpectedly shut down after 😄

How far do you come screen-wise? Does is fail while booting the OS or in the Bios-Screen already?

3 minutes ago, Arokan said:

Sorry, this probably won't be helpful, but I had the exact same shit.
It started working again after several days without doing anything.
Then it happened again and "phases" started to establish.

It worked for weeks and had a week of turning off either after some seconds or minutes.
To this day, I don't know what it caused.

However, changed to Debian, never unexpectedly shut down after 😄

How far do you come screen-wise? Does is fail while booting the OS or in the Bios-Screen already?

never makes it far enough to display a signal unfortunately. and no OS is installed yet.

3 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Not sure on the bios toggle, ill try unplugging the ssd (didnt know this could cause issues).
luckily i got my board and CPU at microcenter and both are under their extended warranty still. i guess i can just swap both and see if it fixes the problem.

UPDATE: The problem still persists and ill be swapping the CPU to see if that fixes anything.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:03 PM, Shimejii said:

Was a dead CPU, rip my 3950X.