BIOS Recovery mode - My PC shut down during BIOS update. ASUS Rog Strix X470 F Gaming + Ryzen 7 2700x

Hello everyone. I need help. My PC shut down during BIOS update and now I only have a screen with the message:
"WARNING! BIOS recovery mode has been detected. Please put the file SX470FG.CAP into HDD or a removable USB media device and then reset your computer. You can also insert ASUS Support CD to your CD-ROM and reset your computer. If you have done these Please wait a moment and don't shut down your system System will be automatically rebooted."

I tried all steps possible to repair it but had no luck. I used a FAT32 USB Flash drive with the file SX470SG.CAP with many BIOS versions and even the CD from the motherboard package but nothing works. I removed all hard drives and one of the two RAM sticks, i also switched position of the RAM sticks and still no results.

After giving my PC to a local repair store the guy there told me that he tried but in the end my motherboard is BRICKED and I need a new one. He also checked with a BEEPER machine on the motherboard to discover what's the issue.

My PC build is:

Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix X470 F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: Tridentz G Skill 3200 16GB (2x8)
GPU: RTX 2070

My warranty is not covering me anymore so NO WARRANTY to save me!

Any suggestions on what I should do or how can I repair it? Thank you very much

image0.jpg

Use the motherboard disk which you boot from.  So you need a DVD reader for it.

Boot from disk and select bios recovery.

This will install the factory shipped bios.

I suggest you fully clear cmos before and after any bios flashing you do in the future.

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Use the motherboard disk which you boot from.  So you need a DVD reader for it.

Boot from disk and select bios recovery.

This will install the factory shipped bios.

I suggest you fully clear cmos before and after any bios flashing you do in the future.

I did that too using an external CD Reader....its still the same situation and appears the same message

1 hour ago, Alcitito said:

I did that too using an external CD Reader....its still the same situation and appears the same message

If you have access to an another PC, grab a USB drive, go the ASUS website web page of your MB, download the latest BIOS, put the BIOS ROM at the root of the drive (after you renamed the ROM, ASUS give you a program at the same time as the ROM that do that for you), put the USB drive on your MB, reboot and the MB should reflash itself.

2 minutes ago, Maill said:

If you have access to an another PC, grab a USB drive, go the ASUS website web page of your MB, download the latest BIOS, put the BIOS ROM at the root of the drive (after you renamed the ROM, ASUS give you a program at the same time as the ROM that do that for you), put the USB drive on your MB, reboot and the MB should reflash itself.

I guess i'm not familiar enough with the Crash Free Bios feature. My understanding is this only works on Asus boards with the BIOS Flashback capability when using a specific, designated USB port. He doesn't have that feature or that specific USB port so I'm curious if this is still expected to work.

Just now, rickeo said:

I guess i'm not familiar enough with the Crash Free Bios feature. My understanding is this only works on Asus boards with the BIOS Flashback capability when using a specific, designated USB port. He doesn't have that feature or that specific USB port so I'm curious if this is still expected to work.

Depends of the MB, mine for example, the Strix Z590-E have a specific port, but the catch is I don't need a CPU to flash my MB whereas OP's MB needs a CPU and so he can use any port to flash.

Yeah the manual doesn't mention a specific port and there also isn't one identified on the io shield like there usually is if a specific one is needed.

If none of that works it seems the crashfree feature doesn't work/managed to get corrupted as well and the only solution would be to find someone who's able to externally reprogram the flash.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2