Military Crewman leaks classified tank specifications on the War Thunder Forums - Again

rcmaehl
9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You don't know whether that's the maximum rotation speed or not. The specifications leaked from the manual would confirm this is the maximum, whereas a demonstration may not necessarily push the tank to its limits specifically to avoid showing its maximums publicly.

One thing is for certain: the military loves to show-off how awesome their toys are. "Soft" characteristics, like forward and backward speed, rotation speeds, wading depth, etc. are generally known and shown. Amour thickness or composition not so much as well as fighting and defence characteristics.

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

Thread locked. This topic is old and has already been poste-- Wait... It happened again!? Oh boy. At least it wasn't the same person as last time.

lol that was my exact thought process too. "Thread old this is gonna get locked... wait what?! Seriously 😂"

6 hours ago, estiar said:

I haven't seen a primary source here before! Anyway, welcome to LTT forums. Leaking documents like that can definitely land someone in hot water. (that's an understatement) Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Well, probably not. And thanks! Been an LTT follower since a few years just never been around in the Forums much.

16 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

How is military stuff "Classified" when the military is CIVILIAN RUN to begin with?

Just post all the specs on wikipedia so we can make our own tanks, please.  Cars are so last century...

5poudx.jpg

7 hours ago, DieJagdente said:

Well, probably not. And thanks! Been an LTT follower since a few years just never been around in the Forums much.

How'd you find out you made it on the forums if you don't mind me asking? Just google searching the new results?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

On 10/7/2021 at 8:51 AM, anodos said:

Espionage must be so easy nowadays. Just tell someone they're wrong and wait for them to whip out the classified info to prove you're an idiot.

Guess I should start posting random locations saying that's where North Korea's missiles are and wait for Kim Jong Un himself to correct me

21 hours ago, akio123008 said:

While I agree personnel shouldn't share secret information, I don't think this matters much in this instance.

You don't seriously expect possible enemies didn't already know these specs do you?

Heck, they've probably got the CAD files for it.

My question is who is there enemy? I mean I have no idea where the French are deploying their tanks that would make this info useful. Also I highly doubt that any enemy that can actually make use of this wouldn't already be able to get this info. 

4 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

How'd you find out you made it on the forums if you don't mind me asking? Just google searching the new results?

Honestly ? I searched up Warthunder leaked documents lol. And then my name

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also I highly doubt that any enemy that can actually make use of this wouldn't already be able to get this info. 

That's basically my point indeed.

13 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

My question is who is there enemy? I mean I have no idea where the French are deploying their tanks that would make this info useful. Also I highly doubt that any enemy that can actually make use of this wouldn't already be able to get this info. 

The whole point of keeping that under wraps isn't so much as to make it impossible, (If there's a will, there's a way) The point is to make it harder to guess. A slew rate all on its own isn't so much, but the armor plating or servo design or number of other systems that could have been shown to prove that rate could be worse. Seeing only the video, it would be harder to say for sure. Little bits of information can lead to big conclusions.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Tanking is serious business.

On one hand, I see their point, they are deeply invested in their tank of choice, and perhaps because they are actual tankers, and it ticks them off when a gaming company gets it wrong (for whatever reason...balance, lack of info, etc)

but on the other hand, they've gone too far with that sort of knowledge to try to prove a point.

I used to be deeply invested in WoT's German side, but the obvious bias toward the other side, and constant nerfing of the German tanks, forced me to stop playing.

It happens, no one gets everything right all the time.

Don't worry the US tree is basically unplayable now. If it was decent it was up BR'd and had the repair costs increased to the point where you need at least 4 kills with a tank to make a slight profit. 

Russia and Germany are fairly well matched for each other. Both of them are point and click adventures lol.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz