Noctua NH D15 With r7 5800x at 83 degrees with no OC

notrobjob0909

I have a noctua NH d15 cooler, and it should be overkill for an r7 5800x, especially without an OC. But, my temps are higher than they should be and I have no idea why. I've got great airflow in my phanteks p600s. I used to have an r5 3600, with an NZXT z63 aio on it. With that, I was getting 70 degrees which was higher than it should be as well. I'm using thermal grizzly kryonaut paste that I bought only a few weeks ago. I swapped motherboards, and surprisingly in doing that my temps dropped significantly. With my old motherboard, I was thermal throttling at 86-88 degrees with the r7, but after replacement my temps have gone down. I would've never expected that a different motherboard would have an effect, but my temps still aren't what they should be.

pc.jpg

Did you remove the front fan of the cooler for the picture or dont you have it?
NH D 15 should have 2 fans.

Have you tried reseating the cooler and reapplying thermal compound?

馃ウ馃ウ

Ryzen just runs hot because of the odd hotspot on the cpu or something like that

Basically because theres 8 cores on 1 ccd that makes a weird hotspot that most coolers cant effectively cool

Tbh i think sticking with the aio would prob have been a better choice here

I'm not near my computer, but my 5800x runs way cooler than that on a D15. I am using a small negative offset and both D15 fans though.聽

What do your temps do if you use both fans. What case and case fans do you have?

21 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Tbh i think sticking with the aio would prob have been a better choice here

Really? My D15 keeps my 5800x under 80c.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post.聽

Project Hot Box

CPU聽13900k, Motherboard聽Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM聽CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC,Case聽Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tb,聽CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i,聽Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator,聽Displays聽Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard聽Mountain Everest Max,聽Mouse聽Mountain Makalu 67, Sound聽AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR聽

Oppbevaring

CPU聽i9-9900k,聽Motherboard,聽ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8)聽GPUs聽Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080,聽Case聽Mining Frame, 2x聽Storage聽Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB,聽PSU聽Corsair RM1000x and RM850x,聽Cooling聽Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?