Dry Ice [Watercooled Define R4/White Merlin SM8/H440 (Never Ending)]

Update:

I took the GPU out to paint the PCI bracket and replace the block tomorrow or Thursay. I just got done with the first side of the bracket.

Pictures:

Before:

After:

Everything else is coming as planned :D

looking awesome

Nice, u painting all the other PCI brackets as well?

I don't know, but probably not. I'm going to see if I can paint the PCI E lanes :D

If they are easy to remove I will. I haven't decided if I'll do the heatsinks on the motherboard or not.

I don't know, but probably not. I'm going to see if I can paint the PCI E lanes :D

If they are easy to remove I will. I haven't decided if I'll do the heatsinks on the motherboard or not.

Their soldered on the board arent they. I would maybe try getting a plastic dust cover off eBay for the PCI-E lanes then use painters tape and paper on the motherboard and just spray paint them on the board.

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Update:

I took the GPU out to paint the PCI bracket and replace the block tomorrow or Thursay. I just got done with the first side of the bracket.

Everything else is coming as planned :D

Cool idea man, whoever thought of that is a legend!

Haha not hard is it bud, just makes it blend it that little but more I think. No one would probably notice but I think it definitely cleans things up a bit.

Cool idea man, whoever thought of that is a legend!

Haha not hard is it bud, just makes it blend it that little but more I think. No one would probably notice but I think it definitely cleans things up a bit.

lololol

It looks really great, though the white is a tiny tiny bit different. At first glance you don't notice, then you're like, "ooh, that's different," lol.

Thanks, I was thinking about painting the pci brackets in my upcoming build.

It looks really good, just make sure it matches really well. Do some test sprays on wood or something.

@TheNinjaNextDor Is the Define r4,a good case to watercool in, or would you recommend a different case.

Hmmm.

If you like a small case that is very clean, get the R4. If you do, I would recommend removing the 5.25' bays.

If you don't want to deal with stuff like that, the H440 is your best bet.

@TheNinjaNextDor Is the Define r4,a good case to watercool in, or would you recommend a different case.

Have a look at the Midi R2. Excelled fractal design water cooling case.

This is really nice. I love the simplicity! (And thats not a shot to the extreme modders who do amazing work). Its just refreshing to see a build like this.

This is really nice. I love the simplicity! (And thats not a shot to the extreme modders who do amazing work). Its just refreshing to see a build like this.

Thanks! That's really what I'm going for. I'm flushing the loop and installing that nice and clean GPU block tomorrow :D

Update:

The GPU block is on :D I love the simple look of it, I'm going to go get a bunch of DI water and flush everything+do the tubing runs later tonight and maybe into tomorrow.

See you then!

GPU Block installation:

The beautiful boxes:

1sJHjwn.jpg

Old block off!

YW2AvJI.jpg

fy7Zw0e.jpg

New block:

ErSlttq.jpg

Sooo purrty:

rQXYRtb.jpg

I'll have some more pictures of the backplate etc in the next update. If you haven't noticed i'm purposely not showing the full PC since the cables haven't been replaced with the black and white ones. I want to show it all at once :D I just realized all the noise in the last photo :/ I'll turn down my ISO next time lol

This topic has the little hot thingy on it, yay!