RTX 3060 TI Hashrate drops problem

I been in crypto for a few years now, but not into mining and the only mining I have done was in NiceHash for when my PC was not being used, now me and a friend are slowly building a 3060lhr machine and the thing I want to ask about is...my MSI 3060 TI after I put the -lhr 68-69-70 in NBminer gives me around 32MH without me overclocking it, if I start overclocking it and remove the LHR it gives me around 31 MH, but when I both overclock it and put the -lhr command instead of getting around 40MH as it should it goes down slowly to like 14MH, any ideas? This is my exact model https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3060-Ti-GAMING-X-8G-LHR

System:

Windows 10, Intel i5 3rd gen, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 650W PSU gold

The overclocks I have done are in Afterburner - PL 75, CC - 420, MC + 1190

My MSI 3060 Ti LHR only gets 37-38 MH/s at most. I use NiceHash NBMiner with -lhr 68. I haven't watched it for awhile, but it does drop to 35 MH/s sometimes as it tries to tune it. Sometimes it will drop below the normal has rates and peaks to 150W. If you need to adjust the GPU settings with AfterBurner its best to stop mining, because it seems to throw off the NBMiner tuning. The 3060 Ti LHR seems like bad choice compared to 6700 XT which can do 46-47 MH/s around 109W.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

Dropping hashrate could be a sign of an unstable overclock. Try lowering it a bit.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

You may have the memory too high. The 3060 Ti variant I have is the MSI Ventus X3 8GB OC LHR. I only added 550 to the memory and let it run at 7350 MHz, core -500 with power at 72%. When I had the memory set too high the hash rate did fluctuate a lot and the system even crashed/reset. With the update a couple of weeks ago I had set NBMiner to -lhr 69 because that was what I had set it to before. I didn't watch it all the way through but it may have take more than 15 minutes for it to auto tune it down to -68. So that's where I set mine at now and it I seems between at or almost 38 MH/s consistently without the auto tuning. The power reading from NBMiner show it as low as 113W and high as 138W after watching it for 25 minutes. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

• 2 weeks later...

Im having the same issue on the same card. Carnt even change my power limit to 80% withoit it crashing my hashrate to 15mhs and power draw to 50w.

Did you find a solution?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, Stormzy_00 said:

Im having the same issue on the same card. Carnt even change my power limit to 80% withoit it crashing my hashrate to 15mhs and power draw to 50w.

Did you find a solution?

Best I've got is Gminer with +1100 Memory clock, 0 on core clock and 80% PL and Im hitting 35-36 consistently...I've tried to lock the core clock, but it doesn't work at all like I haven't done it. I locked it at 1500, 1300, 1000...it still dips to 400Mhz at times which is probably the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I have noticed after 3 days of learning how mine is that Precision X1 has to remain open or my overclocks, fans, and PL revert to stock.  Perhaps there is something in the mining software itself screwing something up when its overclocking/undervolting?  Nicehash crashes out if it set to high and will quit mining if you have enough errors on something that is close to stable.  Because of that, I wouldn't think the numbers would go down if you went too high, but my experience is limited;)

Why this looks familiar is that I used to be folding before I switched to mining, and it would drop to 60w power and fold like crap if I closed X1 or Afterburner.  Seems that it was getting put into a lower power mode on its own.  I would suspect this is more to do with what you are seeing, though I don't have a solution if running X1 or Afterburner all the time doesn't fix it.

Ben

60DegreeV6 / WOT-Tech  

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is the same issue or not with my MSI 3060ti gaming x trio. It mines fine when I'm watching it remotely with remote desktop. But it drops to 25mh when I close the tab with it open. Should I try getting a dummy HDMI plug?