Asus Briefly Shows off RTX 3070 Card in Collaboration with Noctua

Lightwreather
3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well noctua also makes black fans, kinda looks like that in the video thumbnail (chromax version?)

Not that I have a problem with brown/beige, it just doesn't fit to anything in my pc, I like the gray ones really though (redux)

Yeah, I know they make the Chromax fans, but this GPU appears to be the Brown/Beige staple fans with the Asus housing. In which I acknowledged they didn't look bad in the GPU, but not a fan of them in cases. Outside of theme cases, of course.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

2 hours ago, StDragon said:

Looks like an owl too. Fans being the big eyes, and the downward chevron being the beak.

Who would have thought a Noctua theme of all things somehow is one of the best of their Strix/owl themed one's I've seen.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Looks pretty sweet. The colors, even though they are brown, will always make you think Noctua was behind it. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

There is good news my friends!

(The teaser itself is not worthy of tech news but its related to this so I thought I'd share)

Ugh! Matte black? Why can't Noctua just make brown and tan fans with bare metal fin stacks like everyone else!

/s

The card looks like a 3 slot and it looks heavy. To match the brown theme, i hope it comes with a wooden dowel to support the GPU, cause just with screws alone it just won't cut it and may snap the PCIe clean off the board due to the card's weight.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The board looks rather long and tall and uses at least four expansion slots.

So not only is it ugly, it's super impractical.

Got it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

i would get this but:

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

35 minutes ago, Rauten said:

So, uuhhh it's official.

This "abomination", or this "marvel", depending on what you think of Noctua's design language, is fully, 100% official.

https://noctua.at/en/asus-and-noctua-announce-asus-geforce-rtx-3070-noctua-edition-graphics-card

Marvel.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 9/30/2021 at 5:51 PM, jaslion said:

From what I've seen from the pictures I doubt it. The heatsink has similar on the side you can see in a 3070 dual heatsink from asus. Then the fans look literally the same as a A9 like look at the back view of the card. It's literally just a NF-a9 fan on the card held in place by the shroud. So I really don't expect more from it than being a gpu heatsink with finally some good fans from the factory. Which really should not have taken this long.

We can rejoice, it's an absolute beast. Fans spin at 900 RPM at full load. The card is more quiet at full load than all other 3070(3070Ti) at idle (for as high boost as the best of the other ones and good temperatures). It is as quiet as when other cards shut down their fans on idle (more quiet than the noise floor of a home).

12 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

We can rejoice, it's an absolute beast. Fans spin at 900 RPM at full load. The card is more quiet at full load than all other 3070(3070Ti) at idle (for as high boost as the best of the other ones and good temperatures). It is as quiet as when other cards shut down their fans on idle (more quiet than the noise floor of a home).

Sweet finally a normal noise level card.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, jaslion said:

Sweet finally a normal noise level card.

could also switch it up.

but yes this is a thicc boi card

if only PCIe lanes and cases was made for thicc bois.

Why can't they make I don't know, graphic card with same fan shroud, but it's up to user to supply the fans and without this ugly brown theme? I'd totally have a graphic card with dual standard 120mm fans.

i straight up thought this was a fake post ive seen it all over instagram and i was like, “haha diarrhea rtx 3070” but its real so i wonder if this would be a great idea or another, “ok you tried” moment

how are you doing today

10 hours ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

i straight up thought this was a fake post ive seen it all over instagram and i was like, “haha diarrhea rtx 3070” but its real so i wonder if this would be a great idea or another, “ok you tried” moment

Yeah, but that's Noctua's diarrhea and no one elses's 😄 Not the best thing to be known of, but everyone knows them for that. So, good job anyway 🙂

11 hours ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

kinda poop. but it should be decent performer. as it has just better fans than some other GPU fans which in return will cool better and more quiet. Although, it's kinda THICC and the access it needs to AIRFLOW 🙂