UA Apollo Twin X Duo on Asus b550 ProArt Creator mobo

Rowboat

Have you successfully installed and run a Universal Audio thunderbolt audio interface [e.g. Apollo Twin X Duo or Quad] on the Asus B550 ProArt Creator mobo?

The ProArt has Thunderbolt 4 baked in - no add-on card required. 

[*I'm aware that any card installed in the third (lowermost) pcie slot disables Thunderbolt on the ProArt board.]

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Rig is straightforward: 

Asus B550 (with Thunderbolt 4, as noted)

Ryzen 7 3700x, stock cooler

2x16Gb Crucial DDR4 3600

2x 970 Evo Plus @ 2Tb

MSI GeForce GT1030 2Gb (don't laugh! It's fanless; hdmi & dp ports)

Seasonic 400watt psu (fanless) - adequate power-for-purpose. 

Thanks!

Rowboat 

Point being: I've read several reports of problems (device not recognized in bios/Windows, drivers not loaded, confusion over thunderbolt security), but no coherent solutions. 

Fuggeddaboutit.

Picked up a monitor with ports to match my *fanless* gpu, flashed BIOS/installed Win10 from USB sticks. Today, connected/registered/updated drivers for the Universal Audio thunderbolt interface.

No idea what caused sundry others to report difficulty in getting the B550 ProArt and/or Win10 to recognize the UA interface. 

My best guess:

Don't populate the lower (or third) pcie slot, as to do so will disable Thunderbolt on the Asus B550 ProArt board.

Do install the updated BIOS and Intel Thunderbolt driver from Asus' site before connecting your device.

Do use a correct Thunderbolt cable. Orient the lightning flash ⚡ on the plug facing *up* on the UA interface, and *toward* the identifying tag next to the Asus rear panel Thunderbolt port.

Seemed idiot-simple to me. 😼

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to mention that my Windows 10 recognizes an Apollo Twin X easily as well. 

Asus B550 Pro Art 

Ryzen 3 3300x 

Windows 10