Bluetooth headset pairing issue (Windows 10 - Sony 1000xm4)

smcarre

Hello everyone, recently I purchased a Sony 1000xm4 which works perfectly when connecting with my Android phone, however, trying to connect them to my Windows 10 PC I find the following error "Check the PIN and try connecting again" when choosing the device from the list of discovered devices by my PC. In no moment I receive any prompt for inputting a PIN or the headphone show or tell by audio any PIN, also connecting to my Android device is done without any PIN whatsoever.

My PC is a desktop with a CSR 4.0 for which drivers come by default on Windows. I tried updating them but Windows says that my current drivers are the latest, it works well for pairing with my JBL 2.0 BT speaker.

Following some tips I found on the internet all of them recommend deleting the directories below HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Bluetooth\ExceptionDB in the RegEd however I have nothing to delete in that directory. Other recommended generic things like restarting the PC, disabling and enabling the BT driver or restarting the BT service but I already did all of that to no avail. I found nothing else for this specific error message so I don't know what else to try. 

Thanks in advance!

image.png

I have successfully paired a number of Bluetooth earbuds with various Windows PCs without any issues at all.  I have never had to enter a PIN of any kind.  Did you unpair the headphones from your Android phone?  If they are still paired that can interfere with the pairing process (that has happened to me more than once).  I have always relied on the native BT drivers that come with Windows 10.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10