new Hardware built in an XPS2720 (reBuilding even possible?)

vryson

Hej there people,

I want to build a new PC into the AllInOne XPS2720.

So i was woundering if this is even possible because of the AiO formfactor?!

Budget (including currency): around 500€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:

I'm using digiKam to store my pictures (30000-50000 pictures), some light office, ArcGis and QGis (just to play around an learn)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Everything except the microphone of the XPS2720 Works but i will only use the SSd (evo860 1TB), the Monitor and the integrated Webcam, if possible the PSU.

If someone could provide some input it would be great ( i really want to keep the Monitor).

The new Hardware must not be super powerfull, im more into low temperature and energy efficiency.

So let me know if there could be a way to realize my project.

Kind regards 

(ps: i hope my english is not to bad).

Edited by vryson

You can get Mac Mini and stick it back, Use AIO as a display.

Or maybe u can get notebook internals and manage to move it inside AIO, But it'll be hard.

2 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You can get Mac Mini and stick it back, Use AIO as a display.

Or maybe u can get notebook internals and manage to move it inside AIO, But it'll be hard.

Thank's for your reply.

Apple is not realy my thing 😉 but i could do the same with a "normal" mitx case and board, i was thinking abou that.

In my case i want to keep the XPS2720 "Monitor" and build a mitx AMD/Intel board into it. My main problem is that i don't have a clou how to wire the monitor to the board (same with WebCam/Mic and so on).

Mm I don't know much from HP All-in one PC's the one thing I know about them that they're basicly a laptop built in a monitor, also what I know is that HP tends to be shit in a way that everything is OEM, yes there are exceptions but on a laptop guts not really sure if it is worth building in the monitor. 

18 hours ago, Curioisman said:

Mm I don't know much from HP All-in one PC's the one thing I know about them that they're basicly a laptop built in a monitor, also what I know is that HP tends to be shit in a way that everything is OEM, yes there are exceptions but on a laptop guts not really sure if it is worth building in the monitor. 

It's a Dell (XPS2720), i guess it doesn't make much of a difference 😉, but it is not that hard to change (some) hardware components.

17 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Watch this video, It might be useful

https://youtu.be/8jeLCQ62vFk

I know that guy, or at least his videos, but he is on a different level.

I guess, as both of you mentioned before, it will be a lot of work and in the end it will not pay off.

2 minutes ago, vryson said:

I guess, as both of you mentioned before, it will be a lot of work and in the end it will not pay off.

It will be hard, But not impossible if you try. It'll be easier to get screen broken laptop and somehow manage to stick it on back 😄

2 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

It will be hard, But not impossible if you try. It'll be easier to get screen broken laptop and somehow manage to stick it on back 😄

😉 i will keep that in mind, could search for a "powerfull" laptop with broken screen and keep the Dell + Laptop for that project (in the future).

Thanks for your advices and help.