Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An originally-titled PC build post

Budget (including currency): $1100 exc. graphics card

Country: $AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Virtual machining, mid-tier gaming. 1440p monitor or 4K television.

Other detailshttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/fFwQXb

 

Hello there. It's nice to meet you fellow internetians. Like those before me, I too come seeking guidance on the most important of quests.

 

I recently picked up the DeepCool MACUBE 110, which will hopefully arrive in a couple of days. Personally I think it looks pretty slick in black.

 

I'm not looking to pick up a graphics card to begin with (hence the 5600G instead of X) because sadness. I'm keen to hear your thoughts on 2060 vs 3060 though.

 

Basically, if you're interested, I'd like to get your opinion on the parts I've put together so far. I'm certainly new to the PC building world and may or may not be a cough Macbook user cough. The reason I want to do this is that I've been spending a lot longer on my computer in recent months (or is it years now?), and I'm tired of the limitations of console gaming, especially when it comes to modding. My ears are also quite tired of my MBA screaming blue murder anytime I get on a video conference, much less a game. And let's not get into the joys of running virtual machines on the MBA. Hence, this build isn't massive budget or anything, and I'll probably purchase a graphics hard later down the track or pick-up a placeholder one if I find it necessary. That being said, I'm excited to build a capable machine.

 

PCPartPicker is linked above, but also here with actual prices in $AUD. I feel like I'm forgetting something on this list, but eh.

  • $79 - DeepCool MACUBE 110 MicroATX Case
  • $239 - Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro AX Motherboard [a bit expensive I know, but I would like 2x PCI slots, Wi-Fi 6, preferably DP out, which led me to this)
  • $399 - AMD Ryzen 5600G APU
  • $106 - 2x Kingston ValueRAM 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • $76 - SilverStone Essential 650W PSU
  • $79 - Seagate Barracuda Q5 512GB M.2 SSD
  • $?? - Fans, thermal paste, etc [no rgb]

Cheers from lockdown

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aussiechief said:

Budget (including currency): $1100 exc. graphics card

Country: $AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Virtual machining, mid-tier gaming. 1440p monitor or 4K television.

Other detailshttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/fFwQXb

 

Hello there. It's nice to meet you fellow internetians. Like those before me, I too come seeking guidance on the most important of quests.

 

I recently picked up the DeepCool MACUBE 110, which will hopefully arrive in a couple of days. Personally I think it looks pretty slick in black.

 

I'm not looking to pick up a graphics card to begin with (hence the 5600G instead of X) because sadness. I'm keen to hear your thoughts on 2060 vs 3060 though.

 

Basically, if you're interested, I'd like to get your opinion on the parts I've put together so far. I'm certainly new to the PC building world and may or may not be a cough Macbook user cough. The reason I want to do this is that I've been spending a lot longer on my computer in recent months (or is it years now?), and I'm tired of the limitations of console gaming, especially when it comes to modding. My ears are also quite tired of my MBA screaming blue murder anytime I get on a video conference, much less a game. And let's not get into the joys of running virtual machines on the MBA. Hence, this build isn't massive budget or anything, and I'll probably purchase a graphics hard later down the track or pick-up a placeholder one if I find it necessary. That being said, I'm excited to build a capable machine.

 

PCPartPicker is linked above, but also here with actual prices in $AUD. I feel like I'm forgetting something on this list, but eh.

  • $79 - DeepCool MACUBE 110 MicroATX Case
  • $239 - Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro AX Motherboard [a bit expensive I know, but I would like 2x PCI slots, Wi-Fi 6, preferably DP out, which led me to this)
  • $399 - AMD Ryzen 5600G APU
  • $106 - 2x Kingston ValueRAM 8GB DDR4 Memory
  • $76 - SilverStone Essential 650W PSU
  • $79 - Seagate Barracuda Q5 512GB M.2 SSD
  • $?? - Fans, thermal paste, etc [no rgb]

Cheers from lockdown

looks good

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your RAM is too slow, It will bottleneck your performance.

You are paying high amount for 500GB SSD.

 

For GPU, Also consider 6600XT, As it's somewhere in middle of 3060 and 3060 ti in performance and mostly priced cheaper than 3060, So it's better value right now. 

 

Here is proper list for you.

This board is same quality, But little cheaper.

For a cooler, CPU does have included one, But aftermarket cooler maintain better temps and runs quieter, I'd get it, But if you want to save money, You can.

Also, If you haven't gotten extra fans for case, You should, Because it comes with only 1 preinstalled fan. It also does not have good airflow, But you should be okey.

 

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($399.00 @ Centre Com) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING SE-224-XT 76.16 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($137.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($132.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($140.82 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case: Deepcool MACUBE 110 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: NZXT C 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($122.98 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($17.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($17.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($17.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan  ($17.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1038.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-28 19:58 AEST+1000

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Dr0idGh0sT, much appreciated!

 

Going off your feedback, this evening I picked up:

 

ID-COLLING SE-224-XT CPU Cooler ($39.00 at PLE Computers)

MSI MPG A650GF 750W 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply ($105.00 at MSI Tech)

 

I'll probably get the Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz for a $126.00 on Amazon (I find the G.Skill ones a bit ugly). And yeah, always intended to get more fans, I just didn't include them in the list as they're pretty easy to get a hold of. Are you a fan of the ARTIC ones in any particular way?

 

As for motherboard, I'm still thinking about that. The one you sent through doesn't have Wi-Fi on board and is out of stock at most stores, unfortunately, although the price is great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aussiechief said:

Thanks @Dr0idGh0sT, much appreciated!

 

Going off your feedback, this evening I picked up:

 

ID-COLLING SE-224-XT CPU Cooler ($39.00 at PLE Computers)

MSI MPG A650GF 750W 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply ($105.00 at MSI Tech)

 

I'll probably get the Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz for a $126.00 on Amazon (I find the G.Skill ones a bit ugly). And yeah, always intended to get more fans, I just didn't include them in the list as they're pretty easy to get a hold of. Are you a fan of the ARTIC ones in any particular way?

 

As for motherboard, I'm still thinking about that. The one you sent through doesn't have Wi-Fi on board and is out of stock at most stores, unfortunately, although the price is great!

That's great.

Pay attention, If those RAMs are CL 16, If not, You'll be better of getting 3200 CL 16, Because they perform same and are cheaper as I remember, If Corsair vengeance, You choose is CL16, it's good to get.

 

I'm not fan of Arctic, But it's cheap and reliable fans, It performs very well for a price. So,  I know what I'm suggesting is good 😅😅 

 

Get this board than

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PDsnTW/msi-b550m-pro-vdh-wifi-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b550m-pro-vdh-wifi

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Dr0idGh0sT

 

Those Corsair sticks are CL18. Wouldn't that be better than CL16?

 

I know basically nothing about computer fans other than 140mm is generally a better choice. I'll probably find something affordable on Amazon and go with that (which I think is the Arctic anyway).

 

Also, thanks for the board suggestion. That's a solid option. I'll probably spring for the MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI for $209 or the  GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO AX for $239 because they throw in WiFi 6 and USB 3.2 support, and an extra PCI-E lane. I'll keep scouring though, there might be a better option out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, aussiechief said:

Thanks @Dr0idGh0sT

 

Those Corsair sticks are CL18. Wouldn't that be better than CL16?

 

I know basically nothing about computer fans other than 140mm is generally a better choice. I'll probably find something affordable on Amazon and go with that (which I think is the Arctic anyway).

 

Also, thanks for the board suggestion. That's a solid option. I'll probably spring for the MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI for $209 or the  GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO AX for $239 because they throw in WiFi 6 and USB 3.2 support, and an extra PCI-E lane. I'll keep scouring though, there might be a better option out there.

Those are solid motherboards, You can get any one of those two.

I personally ratchet get cheaper board, But it's your choice.

Cas Lately - CL Smaller the number, Better the performance. So, To say it roughly, 3600 CL18 RAM gives around same performance as 3200 CL16 for Ryzen CPUs that is, So in this case, same RAM but 3200 CL16 is cheaper, No reason to pay more and get nothing in exchange 😅

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/p6RFf7/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3200c16

 

Or you can also get this 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/2TFKHx/crucial-ballistix-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-bl2k8g36c16u4b

 

Also, Don't get Chinese Fans, 99% of them are very loud 😄

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×