Corsair iCUE

I've recently been trying to learn linux and I installed Pop OS last night on an old laptop (the latest version) and I was going to be using it on and off throughout the week and I know there is some programs that aren't supported as well on Linux as on my windows 10 desktop but when looking for the iCUE software for my Corsair devices like my keyboard and headset and saw something called "CORSAIR iCUE SDK" and was wondering if anyone would know if that would work on Linux or if not what exactly that is. Also I was looking into steam and such (I wasn't sure exactly how far along Valve was with linux support) but when I tried to launch CSGO it'll try to start and open CSGO - OpenGL but the application remains black then crashes would anyone know exactly what I would do to get around this or is it just something where I have to wait for more support from valve? Thank you all and have a great Day/night 

1 hour ago, Kirito954 said:

saw something called "CORSAIR iCUE SDK" and was wondering if anyone would know if that would work on Linux or if not what exactly that is.

It's a toolkit to allow people to write apps that interact with iCue, but it only supports Windows and Mac OS...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

It's a toolkit to allow people to write apps that interact with iCue, but it only supports Windows and Mac OS...

unlucky, thank you also since I already have this here I've been trying to connect a switch controller over USB and Bluetooth and set it up with dolphin but dolphin isn't recognizing any of the inputs but notices the switch controller is plugged in would you happen to know a quick fix for that? 

Nope...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Kirito954 said:

iCUE software for my Corsair devices like my keyboard and headset and saw something called "CORSAIR iCUE SDK" and was wondering if anyone would know if that would work on Linux or if not what exactly that is. 

If your purpose is to configure/modify a profile on your keyboard or mouse, I did that by launching a Windows VM and installing corsair icue there. You can expose your USB devices to the VM and then iCue should work as expected. Although, that requires some tinkering so be forewarned.

I was looking into steam and such (I wasn't sure exactly how far along Valve was with linux support)

Steam support is pretty solid on Linux TBH. I used to run CS GO, Dota2 natively and some old games like Dawn Of War using Proton just fine. Obviously with everything Linux there is a hit and miss chance depending on your hardware and software that is running, so you might have to put in some effort in figuring out what is going wrong.

14 hours ago, uknth said:

If your purpose is to configure/modify a profile on your keyboard or mouse, I did that by launching a Windows VM and installing corsair icue there. You can expose your USB devices to the VM and then iCue should work as expected. Although, that requires some tinkering so be forewarned.

Steam support is pretty solid on Linux TBH. I used to run CS GO, Dota2 natively and some old games like Dawn Of War using Proton just fine. Obviously with everything Linux there is a hit and miss chance depending on your hardware and software that is running, so you might have to put in some effort in figuring out what is going wrong.

ahhh thats what I forgot to do, I need to activate proton, would you happen to know how to connect a controller? ive tried the Switch Pro, PowerA GameCube Wireless, and the Xbox Pro V1 wirelessly and wired but no cigar any ideas?

Edit: NVM I went back made sure proton was on and launch CSGO but its still doing the black screen crash issue. 

On 9/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kirito954 said:

I've recently been trying to learn linux and I installed Pop OS last night on an old laptop (the latest version) and I was going to be using it on and off throughout the week and I know there is some programs that aren't supported as well on Linux as on my windows 10 desktop but when looking for the iCUE software for my Corsair devices like my keyboard and headset and saw something called "CORSAIR iCUE SDK" and was wondering if anyone would know if that would work on Linux or if not what exactly that is. Also I was looking into steam and such (I wasn't sure exactly how far along Valve was with linux support) but when I tried to launch CSGO it'll try to start and open CSGO - OpenGL but the application remains black then crashes would anyone know exactly what I would do to get around this or is it just something where I have to wait for more support from valve? Thank you all and have a great Day/night 

the closest alternative to icue on linux is ckb-next. Until someone can convince corsair to give us developers some help eg give us the protocol the best that can be done is reverse engineering the protocol which takes time