Should I used my cheap sata SSD as cache for my HDD?

sl0011

I already have an 512 GB M.2 VPN100 Patriot as a boot drive, prior to that I was using a cheap 120 GB GX1 Teamgroup Sata SSD but now that drive is not doing much, I use it for storing some lightweight games but I was thinking if it would be a good idea to use it as a cache device for my 2 TB HDD. I was planning on buying 1 TB Sata SSD so I can store big games like RDD2 and get good loading times but if I could use what I already have to get a decent experience in terms of loading times, that would be awesome. Thing is I don't know much about using SSD as cache, it'd be much appreciated if someone explained to me. I have an AMD platform (R7 2700, B450 Tomahawk, 2x8 GB 3200 MHz RAM). As far as I have read, there's a utility called StoreMI that can be use on AMD systems.

52 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Since you got the hardware, why not set it up, storemi is free so give it a shot.

Well, let's see how it goes. I already set it up, thought it was a more complex procedure. The hardest part was to use diskpart command on Power Shell to clean the SSD.