New PC No Post

BSilko

I had just built my first computer. When starting up, the computer turns on for about 10 seconds, and then turns off followed by turning back on. Afterwards, there is no signal to my monitors or even keyboard and mouse. In the top right of the MOBO the DRAM LED is on. I tried reseating the Ram and trying new Ram as well to try and fix the issue. I have also tried every possible combination of slots on the board for the RAM. I have also swapped out the power supply. I have also tried the CMOS process. I believe the issue is that I need to update the BIOS to the newer version to support my CPU but with no ability to see a post on the monitor I am not exactly sure how to do this. I was hoping someone could help me with troubleshooting this issue.

SPECs:

MOBO : Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 Pro (Rev 1.0)

CPU : Intel i9 10900x

GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 3060 Gaming x Trio

Cooler: Custom loop from Primochill

RAM: 2 x 16GB GSkill Trident Z 3600

SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

PSU: Corsair RMX850

8 minutes ago, BSilko said:

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 3 Pro

Can you link your exact motherboard? The Gaming 3 Pro is a x299 motherboard with a different CPU socket.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Welcome to the forums!!!

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Can you link your exact motherboard? The Gaming 3 Pro is a x299 motherboard with a different CPU socket.

13 minutes ago, BSilko said:

CPU : Intel i9 10900x

This is an LGA2066 processor, which uses the X299 chipset. 

I do not believe the motherboard BIOS' that come from the factory have 10th gen Intel-X series processor support. You'll need to either use a 7000 or 9000 series chip to flash the BIOS before using the 10900X. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

I do not believe the motherboard BIOS' that come from the factory have 10th gen Intel-X series processor support. You'll need to either use a 7000 or 9000 series chip to flash the BIOS before using the 10900X. 

My bad. I saw 10900 and assumed K. Forgot there's an X and XE lineup. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

My bad. I saw 10900 and assumed K. Forgot there's an X and XE lineup. 

No problem! It happens. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

How would I go about getting a 7 or 9 series chip to flash? Could I just buy one from best buy, flash it, then return it?

2 minutes ago, BSilko said:

How would I go about getting a 7 or 9 series chip to flash? Could I just buy one from best buy, flash it, then return it?

If they even have them anymore. I know 7000 series you can get online used at sites like eBay for pretty cheap, probably a fraction of the cost that your 10900X costed. Depends on the seller on eBay if they accept returns or not.  Maybe Amazon has them (7000/9000) still around and you can return them. 

You bought everything new? Return it and get a 10850K and Z490/Z590. Cheaper and performs better.

24 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

If they even have them anymore. I know 7000 series you can get online used at sites like eBay for pretty cheap, probably a fraction of the cost that your 10900X costed. Depends on the seller on eBay if they accept returns or not.  Maybe Amazon has them (7000/9000) still around and you can return them. 

Probably gonna have to go the amazon route. would like to get my money back. I wonder why the motherboard is not already updated to support 10th gen processor?

1 minute ago, BSilko said:

Probably gonna have to go the amazon route. would like to get my money back. I wonder why the motherboard is not already updated to support 10th gen processor?

This is an older platform. 

On a side note, any reason why you chose X299 platform?? If it's just for gaming, the IPC is pretty horrible, falls around the i7-7700K mark for single-core performance. 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

This is an older platform. 

On a side note, any reason why you chose X299 platform?? If it's just for gaming, the IPC is pretty horrible, falls around the i7-7700K mark for single-core performance. 

I chose it because it was the only processor I could get through my company at a ridiculous discounted price. I could have bought one I wanted for retail but why not save money if I can right?

Just now, BSilko said:

I chose it because it was the only processor I could get through my company at a ridiculous discounted price. I could have bought one I wanted for retail but why not save money if I can right?

That's true. Given that, it'll be decent for what you need it to do hopefully. (I don't know what your plans are with it). 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

That's true. Given that, it'll be decent for what you need it to do hopefully. (I don't know what your plans are with it). 

I am just a casual gamer. Just wanted to try building my PC since I enjoy working with my hands. I'm sure it will handle the games I play since I havent updated my computer since 2014 and that was still running everything surprisingly.