Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

possible to run two seperate copies of an app?

hey guys was wondering if it was possible to run two copies of whatsapp or signal for desktop on my windows pc like you can on android as i have two numbers work and personal and since i use whatsapp to talk to engineers on my work number and my family on my personal. I know on android you have to use a 3rd party app like dual social so i wondered if theyre was something like that for windows?

I lurk a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use two different software to host webclient. As the connection is per software, I think. This for WhatsApp. 
 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If you use two different software to host webclient. As the connection is per software, I think. This for WhatsApp. 
 

ill give it a try but im using the whatsapp multidevice beta at the moment as i oftern dont have my phone on the wifi my laptop is on so not sure if that would mess with it

I lurk a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MewTwoZero said:

ill give it a try but im using the whatsapp multidevice beta at the moment as i oftern dont have my phone on the wifi my laptop is on so not sure if that would mess with it

I'm not sure why it would? I use Opera browser as my desktop app.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm not sure why it would? I use Opera browser as my desktop app.

oh sorry confused what you mean no im not using the web versions i use the actual windows desktop exe version the webversion has never worked reaibly for me i thought you mean to try a 3rd party whatsapp application

I lurk a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MewTwoZero said:

oh sorry confused what you mean no im not using the web versions i use the actual windows desktop exe version the webversion has never worked reaibly for me i thought you mean to try a 3rd party whatsapp application

If exe version would allow portable install, then you could just use that. But I think it doesn't. So you can use multiple different software options to run API. Like Opera.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×