possible to run two seperate copies of an app?

spellmanuk

hey guys was wondering if it was possible to run two copies of whatsapp or signal for desktop on my windows pc like you can on android as i have two numbers work and personal and since i use whatsapp to talk to engineers on my work number and my family on my personal. I know on android you have to use a 3rd party app like dual social so i wondered if theyre was something like that for windows?

I lurk a lot

If you use two different software to host webclient. As the connection is per software, I think. This for WhatsApp. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If you use two different software to host webclient. As the connection is per software, I think. This for WhatsApp. 

ill give it a try but im using the whatsapp multidevice beta at the moment as i oftern dont have my phone on the wifi my laptop is on so not sure if that would mess with it

I lurk a lot

3 minutes ago, MewTwoZero said:

ill give it a try but im using the whatsapp multidevice beta at the moment as i oftern dont have my phone on the wifi my laptop is on so not sure if that would mess with it

I'm not sure why it would? I use Opera browser as my desktop app.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm not sure why it would? I use Opera browser as my desktop app.

oh sorry confused what you mean no im not using the web versions i use the actual windows desktop exe version the webversion has never worked reaibly for me i thought you mean to try a 3rd party whatsapp application

I lurk a lot

50 minutes ago, MewTwoZero said:

oh sorry confused what you mean no im not using the web versions i use the actual windows desktop exe version the webversion has never worked reaibly for me i thought you mean to try a 3rd party whatsapp application

If exe version would allow portable install, then you could just use that. But I think it doesn't. So you can use multiple different software options to run API. Like Opera.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv