First build, tell me where I went wrong!

Jerms1456

Budget (including currency): 1600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Assetto Corsa Competizione, Warframe, Fallout, school, work (no rendering)

Other details Ryzen 7:5700g

MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

MSI GeForce GTX 1650 G6 4 GB D6 GAMING X Video Card

MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R ATX Mid Tower Case

MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2MfcJf

Went with an all MSI build to include 2 24inch 144 hz screens.  Peripherals not included in budget.  GPU prices are ridiculous as we all know.  Was able to pick up the GPU for 320 which I know is terrible but, considering it was going for 500 Plus I think I did ok.  Let me know your thoughts, my idea was to build a solid system I can hang onto to for 10 years.

First question you all will have is, why g and not x?  I bought and built this rig 6 months ago and waited until gpu prices came down some. 

Why are you getting the ryzen 7 5700g if you have a gpu and the gpu is not worth 400 USD and the storage makes no sense  and image.thumb.png.31cb2aec29b0e07fd239535b8e093908.png

Just now, Legend1234-jack said:

Why are you getting the ryzen 7 5700g if you have a gpu

I edited the first post, to add my reasoning as you posted.

1 minute ago, Jerms1456 said:

I edited the first post, to add my reasoning as you posted.

do not spend $600 on a GTX 1650 and that storage makes no sense and that case is pretty rubbish for the money

do not spend $600 on a GTX 1650 and that storage makes no sense and that case is pretty rubbish for the money

I spent 320 understand its not worth it either way.  Can you elaborate on the storage? I have 500gb for operating system and 1tb for storage.  

Just now, Jerms1456 said:

I spent 320 understand its not worth it either way.  Can you elaborate on the storage? I have 500gb for operating system and 1tb for storage.  

the 500gb is stupidly overpriced you realistically you should just spend $10 more to get another 1TB but still Samsung SSD's are very expensive

That case really does not look very good. Also, save money with Crucial SSDs. The performance is damn near identical.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

That case really does not look very good. Also, save money with Crucial SSDs. The performance is damn near identical.

our the Western Digital yeah sn750 not bad right now

I have had a personally bad experience with the MSI core  liquid line but you might have a better one when they work they perform pretty well

Yeah im seeing what you guys mean.  Will keep it in mind for future builds.  As far as the case is concerned, are you guys worried about thermals?  I am sure I could have done better price wise my intent was an all MSI build.  Not that MSI is superior in any fashion, as I would have done the same with Corsair or another setup.  Just kind of my OCD and I am a believer of buying things that were designed around each other.

11 minutes ago, Jerms1456 said:

Yeah im seeing what you guys mean.  Will keep it in mind for future builds.  As far as the case is concerned, are you guys worried about thermals?  I am sure I could have done better price wise my intent was an all MSI build.  Not that MSI is superior in any fashion, as I would have done the same with Corsair or another setup.  Just kind of my OCD and I am a believer of buying things that were designed around each other.

msi  hasn't made a good case yet they don't make a lot of good stuff these days

msi  hasn't made a good case yet they don't make a lot of good stuff these days

Gotcha, appreciate the feedback.  

Just now, Jerms1456 said:

Gotcha, appreciate the feedback.  

That's a really great power supply but

6 minutes ago, Legend1234-jack said:

That's a really great power supply but

Biggest issue I have had with it is I cannot find custom cables for it.

33 minutes ago, Legend1234-jack said:

If you read the original post, the 1650 was purchased for $320, not $600. Still absurdly overpriced, but not much you can do about that these days.

29 minutes ago, Legend1234-jack said:

the 500gb is stupidly overpriced you realistically you should just spend $10 more to get another 1TB but still Samsung SSD's are very expensive

That price is a mistake on PCPartpicker. If you click on them, you can see that the 500GB version costs around $80 USD while the 1TB version is around $145 USD. There is nothing wrong with having a 500GB drive for Windows, and a 1TB for storage, or vice versa.

Looks like a pretty good build to me. I'm not sure how great the airflow on that case is, but for the sake of matching parts and personal preference, nothing really wrong with that as long as your thermals are good. I can't really find anything to criticize.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

5 minutes ago, ArcticSalad said:

If you read the original post, the 1650 was purchased for $320, not $600. Still absurdly overpriced, but not much you can do about that these days.

That price is a mistake on PCPartpicker. If you click on them, you can see that the 500GB version costs around $80 USD while the 1TB version is around $145 USD. There is nothing wrong with having a 500GB drive for Windows, and a 1TB for storage, or vice versa.

Looks like a pretty good build to me. I'm not sure how great the airflow on that case is, but for the sake of matching parts and personal preference, nothing really wrong with that as long as your thermals are good. I can't really find anything to criticize.

Appreciate the feedback, Currently I have not been able to push the cpu over 50c.  I play warframe, asseto corse competizione, and Fallout so nothing over the top.  I imagine with the gpu install temps will go up some, but with 3 intake and 3 exhaust I am hoping I don't have issues. 

3 hours ago, Jerms1456 said:

Budget (including currency): 1600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Assetto Corsa Competizione, Warframe, Fallout, school, work (no rendering)

Other details Ryzen 7:5700g

MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

MSI GeForce GTX 1650 G6 4 GB D6 GAMING X Video Card

MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R ATX Mid Tower Case

MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2MfcJf

Went with an all MSI build to include 2 24inch 144 hz screens.  Peripherals not included in budget.  GPU prices are ridiculous as we all know.  Was able to pick up the GPU for 320 which I know is terrible but, considering it was going for 500 Plus I think I did ok.  Let me know your thoughts, my idea was to build a solid system I can hang onto to for 10 years.

First question you all will have is, why g and not x?  I bought and built this rig 6 months ago and waited until gpu prices came down some. 

Literally everything is where you went wrong xD

If you will be using a dedicated gpu from the get go then 5700g is not neccesary, go for a 5800x instead

That aio is abysmal at best, itll get creamed by even a cheap dual tower like the phantom or fuma 2 so swap to either of those coolers

Board is good but if you dont need all the features you can go for a b550 pro vdh wifi or ds3h wifi instead

The ram makes sense if you use an igpu but if you are gonna swap to a 5800x and use a gpu then go for the cheapest 3200mhz cl16 kit you can find, 3200mhz is adequate for ryzen and the lower timings will help cpu performance

970 is hot overpriced trash, its the same proce as a far superior gen4 ssd like the sabrent rocket 4.0, a drive which is 2x faster than the sad 970, gen4 is uneccesary for most ppl so buy a cheap gen3 like the kingston a2000, even has dram cache

That case airflow is abysmal at best so youll get garbage temps, go for a p400a or whatever cheap rgb mesh case you can find, though i suggest staying under the 100$ range for cases since there isnt much quality to be had above 100$ aka diminishing returns

Good psu, though pref go for the 850w version for futureproofing

31 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If you will be using a dedicated gpu from the get go then 5700g is not neccesary, go for a 5800x instead

That aio is abysmal at best, itll get creamed by even a cheap dual tower like the phantom or fuma 2 so swap to either of those coolers

Board is good but if you dont need all the features you can go for a b550 pro vdh wifi or ds3h wifi instead

The ram makes sense if you use an igpu but if you are gonna swap to a 5800x and use a gpu then go for the cheapest 3200mhz cl16 kit you can find, 3200mhz is adequate for ryzen and the lower timings will help cpu performance

970 is hot overpriced trash, its the same proce as a far superior gen4 ssd like the sabrent rocket 4.0, a drive which is 2x faster than the sad 970, gen4 is uneccesary for most ppl so buy a cheap gen3 like the kingston a2000, even has dram cache

That case airflow is abysmal at best so youll get garbage temps, go for a p400a or whatever cheap rgb mesh case you can find, though i suggest staying under the 100$ range for cases since there isnt much quality to be had above 100$ aka diminishing returns

the aio is trash but if you read the original post you can see why he got the APU

14 minutes ago, Legend1234-jack said:

the aio is trash but if you read the original post you can see why he got the APU

Another instance of me being retarded and not reading the op ;-;

8 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Appreciate the feedback, one of my goals was to try and stay with one manufacturer.  For me it gives me peace of mind to know all the parts were designed around each other.  Really took the guess work out of what would fit and compatability. Looking back I basically built something that probably could have been bought pre-built.  As far as thermals, I will not be overclocking or pushing the system over the top.  Essentially I figured this setup would work for my intended use.  For example my whole house is wifi 6 with a 1gb connection.  So I picked up a wifi 6 board.  As for the memory to be honest I did zero research and used reviews to make my decision.  I also found it nice to not have sata cables running around the case.