this is my first build and I want to know if I need to tweak anything

anonymous545654

price range: $2000-2500 CAD 
programs or workloads that it will be used for:
 I plan for this pc to be an all in one pc rather that be playing games, studying, watching movies, etc.

so this is my first ever build and I just want to know if there are any tweaks I could do to this build and also I don't want rgb but I don't know which cases and rams to pick so if you could help that's be appreciated. 

here is the link to my parts link: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rp6gkX

NOTE: I don't have the parts right now

12 minutes ago, anonymous545654 said:

programs or workloads that it will be used for: I plan for this pc to be an all in one pc rather that be playing games, studying, watching movies, etc.

so this is my first ever build and I just want to know if there are any tweaks I could do to this build and also I don't want rgb but I don't know which cases and rams to pick so if you could help that's be appreciated. 

Same RAM w/o RGB will save you about CA$10, but that's about it.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

TBH I would get used to it for a while before you start tweaking anything.

If you start tweaking from the get go you won't know what the baseline performance is so won't know what effects (if any) your tweaks are having.

No PC 'needs' tweaking - if you think it does, change the components you're going to use to get a better baseline in the first place.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

oh sorry I forgot to say that I don't HAVE the parts cuz I just want to make sure this is the best I can do in the price range before I waste 2 thousand dollars 

Here is "tweaks" you where asking for.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rCGzqp

Better CPU for lower price.

Including CPU cooler in list

Better motherboard

Faster RAM

Better SSD (Samsung have been caught changing components in 970 evo plu, That makes drive slower, So it's no longer good option, It's expensive as well...)

Much better GPU, Please don't pay that much for 1660 😞 You can most likely get 6600XT for 800-900 CAD, This site have it listed for 795 CAD, Check if they immediately ship it or not, If they do buy it! https://www.vuugo.com/asrock-video-cards-RX6600XT-CLD-8GO.html?tracking=5108053939762

So, try to get 6600XT or 3060 in this price range.

Good case, With RGB Fans and I also included 1 extra, So you can mount it as exhaust, That's not too expensive like your previous choice.

Great power supply, 650W is absolutely enough, There is no need for overkill power supply. 

I would recommend something like this for my fellow Canadian:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($334.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S redux 70.75 CFM CPU Cooler  ($62.95 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B460 TORPEDO ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($187.87 @ Amazon Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($159.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($259.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB PULSE Video Card  ($1000.00) 
Case: MSI MAG FORGE 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($95.31 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($117.84 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2218.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-28 16:22 EDT-0400

You don't really need 8 core and 32GB, but I find everything just runs better with it. 2TB cause games are getting too big. For some reason, 6700XT on Canada computers don't show up here so check local ones. They typically go around 1000 CAD around my area. If you like Ryzen, you can go with a Ryzen 5800X and MSI B550-A Pro for slightly more.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:53 PM, anonymous545654 said:

price range: $2000-2500 CAD 
programs or workloads that it will be used for:
 I plan for this pc to be an all in one pc rather that be playing games, studying, watching movies, etc.

NOTE: I don't have the parts right now

Unless your looking for water cooling that case is quite pricey I would recommend a Lian LI 205 also you could get maybe a 3700x for 200 instead of the 3800x and a 3060 for like 400 at micro center you