RTX 4080 and the Chip Shortage

Hexxagone

Nvidia said that the chip shortage will extend to 2023 so what do you think will happen with the 4080 next year?

Will it be delayed to 2023 since the 3080 is still wanted by many people or will the 4080 still come out with limited availability? 

41 minutes ago, Hexxagone said:

Nvidia said that the chip shortage will extend to 2023 so what do you think will happen with the 4080 next year?

Will it be delayed to 2023 since the 3080 is still wanted by many people or will the 4080 still come out with limited availability? 

Your guess is as good as anyone else's...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

I personally don't think it'll be as bad as this crisis was, but it will still have its moments of absurdity.  I'm more concerned about the prices than the availability. People are playing 2K for 3060 non Ti's and whatnot, I can't imagine what the MSRP will be on the 40 series/RDNA3 cards. 😭

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I think the RTX 4080 will release, and unless they build it on Kepler's architecture I won't care.

How about you?

elephants

I'd hedge that they will release it, or at least do a limited release towards the end of next year (or maybe summer). There are currently rumors of a 3080 Super circling about. If rumors are true, those would release in Jan 2022. I don't really know what NVIDIA is doing nowadays. Things used to be so simple.

xx50, xx60, xx70, xx80, xx80 Ti, and Titan. And the best part, they were all readily available to purchase!

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2950X 16 Core/ 32 Thread 4.4ghz (XFR)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

GPU: EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

RAM: Quad Channel Gskill Flare X 32GB 2933mhz 14-14-14-34

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T