a laser printer under 100€ that doesn't give issues and with cheap refills?

in the past I had several inkjet printers, all thrown in the trash because I was putting in more time into troubleshooting them than printing

so I wanted to try a laser one, also because apparently I can transfer prints to whatever material by using some acetone or rubbing alcohol...

I doubt you'll be able to find any laser printer for that cheap, let alone a good one. Inkjets are loss leaders and their prices are held down by the insane cost of ink, laser printers don't have that. Try heading to a local electronics store and looking for laser printers from Brother, they've usually given me the least trouble, but expect to be paying around 150€.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

There were a few cheap brother laser printers that were good and cheap but the recent WFH/supply chain situation has increased the prices substantially.

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

I doubt you'll be able to find any laser printer for that cheap, let alone a good one. Inkjets are loss leaders and their prices are held down by the insane cost of ink, laser printers don't have that. Try heading to a local electronics store and looking for laser printers from Brother, they've usually given me the least trouble, but expect to be paying around 150€.

then for 150?

also on aliexpress I've seen for cheap third parties refill, but idk for what sort of printers are they alright

Picked up a Canon for $170 recently. I don’t print much, but it’s worth the price to have the printer actually work when I need it. With the old printer, I absolutely dreaded having to use it. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

A used enterprise/office one. They can have som scuffs and scratches but they are quite good value for money.

37 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I'm using a Brother and it's pretty decent, check this one out

https://www.brother-usa.com/products/hll2300d

37 minutes ago, Caroline said:

That's a nice way to fry the fuser. printers are for PAPER only, not cloth, not cardboard and definitely not liquids

no you just print the thing to a normal piece of paper

then get the printed paper put it up to the surface gou want to transfer it, and rub the thing with either acetone or alcohol

apparently, never tried though

Another vote for Brother laser printers... but yeah, 100 euro would be a bit tough. The cheapest I currently see in local stores.. I think they require a chip to reset the page count.  For the model I have there's a kit with some plastic gears and some springs which can be installed to a retail toner and when it comes time to refill, you simply twist the plastic gear back to original position and pour toner into the compartment, and the printer thinks it's new toner..

The Brother HL-L5000D  I see listed in local stores at 1012 RON which is around 205 euro : https://www.pcgarage.ro/imprimante/brother/hl-l5000d-laser-monocrom-format-a4-duplex/

Comes with a starter toner, but you can get retail toners with 3k or 8k pages which have the reset gears so you can refill them lots of times. OR, you can buy third party toners, ex see here 6 pieces x 8k pages for 50$ : https://www.ebay.com/itm/353676609173

The TN-3480 (8k pages) is also identical to others, ex. BROTHER TN-850/3485/3448/3442/3480 (TN3480)  so you'll see TN-850 mentioned often and find compatible refills with tn-850 in name as well.

Also worth mentioning the drum is rated for 50k pages while the cheaper models are only rated for 12k pages.