Dell Inspiron 3650 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.41 GHz graphics card upgrade?

JeanAnn

I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.41 GHz with 16 GB RAM and a AMD Radeon (TM) R9 360 2 Gig graphics card.

I would like to be able to upgrade to a new graphics card with at least 4 Gigs for a bit better graphics.   What cards would work in my current graphics card

slot in my PC?

Your motherboard should have PCIe Gen 3 x16, so basically any card will work. Even modern cards, they are backwards compatible.

What kind of GPU are you planning to get? I'm pretty sure you can upgrade it, unless the motherboard does not support it or locked it by the manufacturer. If you look around on the internet or YouTube though, plenty of people managed to upgrade their Dell systems easily.
Also, what's important, what power supply does it have? It needs to be powerful enough for the card you want. Even though the R9 already draws quite some power.

Be aware that the PSU (power supply) in your computer will need be both powerfull enough (wattage) and have the correct connectors to support whatever new graphics card you choose.

This computer can have it's gpu upgraded BUT the psu is the limiting factor here as it's only 240w. So at best you can do a gtx 1650 WITHOUT a extra power connector.