Missing led light in 8 pins port

Henry Cinco

I just got this used rog strix 1080 ti and when i plug the 2x8 pins only one led is on. I try turning on my pc, all the fan spin then after a second it turns off.

This is my first time encountering this problem.

I desperately need your help!

Edit: the vc is detected, but the fans and lights is not working, the led in 8 pin problem is still occuring.

16326522528814533007960304130134.jpg

IMG20210926184459.jpg

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you checked the PCIe cables that plug into the graphics card and make sure they are fully seated?? What happens if you swap the cables, does the light come on on the other 8-pin port? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you checked the PCIe cables that plug into the graphics card and make sure they are fully seated?? What happens if you swap the cables, does the light come on on the other 8-pin port? 

Yes, i also switched the pins. The fans and lights is still not on. The led in the port still the same (but according to the owner that the one led light in the pin is normal).

16326547611163096838232314682782.jpg

The fans not running at idle is normal, and the RGB might have been turned off in software by the previous owner, install whatever utility is used to configure it on that card.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Henry Cinco said:

Yes, i also switched the pins. The fans and lights is still not on. The led in the port still the same (but according to the owner that the one led light in the pin is normal).

~Snipped Photo~

The LED, what color is it? I can't tell if it's red or white. White LED means the PCIe cable is properly inserted, red LED means the PCIe cable is not properly inserted. For the second, right PCIe slot, there is no PCIe LED on, so I believe there may be a problem related to the power delivery of the port on that card.

Does the card perform normally under a graphical load, such as a synthetic benchmark like Heaven or one of the 3DMark benchmarks or a video game?

Looks like the card is pretty dusty too. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

White LED probably died (looks crusty as well). I replaced the one my 970 once already. If the card performs and works fine, its just one less annoying LED. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18