Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

B550 ITX Advice - Aorus Pro AX/Asus Strix?

I've been reading up on 2 motherboards, the ASUS B550I Strix and the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX.

Most of the reviews of the Aorus are glowing however, I've seen many user feedback saying otherwise.

Complaints about Bluetooth and WIFI issues and some boards dying days later after installation.

The Aorus is the cheapest and strongest by £50, so debating on which to opt for?

Are you into memory overclock?

I seem to recall buildzoid recommending the Gigabyte board.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

41 minutes ago, Mista G said:

I've been reading up on 2 motherboards, the ASUS B550I Strix and the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX.

Most of the reviews of the Aorus are glowing however, I've seen many user feedback saying otherwise.

Complaints about Bluetooth and WIFI issues and some boards dying days later after installation.

The Aorus is the cheapest and strongest by £50, so debating on which to opt for?

Ive currently got an itx x570 auros pro wifi, i was going to go for the b550, only reason i didnt was pcie gen 4 comparison, ive always used gigabyte boards and Ive never had any issues that werent my own fault.

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

4 minutes ago, krakek said:

Are you into memory overclock?

I seem to recall buildzoid recommending the Gigabyte board.

I won't be pushing it too far as it'll be housed in a NR200P.

1 minute ago, JoshPJ said:

Ive currently got an itx x570 auros pro wifi, i was going to go for the b550, only reason i didnt was pcie gen 4 comparison, ive always used gigabyte boards and Ive never had any issues that werent my own fault.

That's good to hear, only thing putting me of at this moment is some issues being reported by user feedback. I probably won't be using these features as I mostly prefer the cable route for all my needs however I may do one day.

Anyone know if it supports Ryzen 5000 out of the box as I'm looking to place an order sometime today?

6 minutes ago, Mista G said:

it'll be housed in a NR200P.

Same!

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers

5 minutes ago, JoshPJ said:

Same!

I've placed the order the Gigabyte and should be here tomorrow however I won't be taking delivery of the NR200P until the 12th October as stock is hard to find here in the UK.

1 minute ago, Mista G said:

I've placed the order the Gigabyte and should be here tomorrow however I won't be taking delivery of the NR200P until the 12th October as stock is hard to find here in the UK.

damn, I only switched to the nr200 (non-p) a few weeks ago, that was only about £70 on amazon with prime, seems the nr200p is a bit harder to get

1 minute ago, JoshPJ said:

damn, I only switched to the nr200 (non-p) a few weeks ago, that was only about £70 on amazon with prime, seems the nr200p is a bit harder to get

I picked it up from another etailer for £79.82 on Friday however delivery states by the 12th of October. Looking forward to downsizing as I've always had a keen interest in SFF.

1 minute ago, Mista G said:

I picked it up from another etailer for £79.82 on Friday however delivery states by the 12th of October. Looking forward to downsizing as I've always had a keen interest in SFF.

Yea it was a really fun challenge, much more satisfying than atx, however I did cut one of my fan wires in half thinking it was a ziptie

Just now, JoshPJ said:

Yea it was a really fun challenge, much more satisfying than atx, however I did cut one of my fan wires in half thinking it was a ziptie

Recently cut off the LED cable on a 4000D as it was all bunched together neatly and I over did the ziptie.