Screen stuttering on CS:GO and LoL

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
14 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

Hello everyone,

My PC (the one from my signature) is getting 5 years old but is still enough to play CS:GO and League of Legends. Sometimes while I'm playing those games I feel some screen stuttering, when it happens I can see the FPS counter dropping real quick and then coming back to the normal/usual value. That usually happens in the middle of a gunfight (if CS:GO) or a team fight (if LoL).

I've already tried changing: my peripherals, USB positions, internet conection (so it is not a latency issue), the HDMI cable, to clean up my PC, defrag HDD and optimize SSD (both games are installed on the SSD) and to clear cache and temporary files (that kind of stuff). Finally, none of that made the problem stop. 

So, it can only be 

1. Both game's servers (But I don't think so)

2. My hardware

Reinstall Windows.

Hello everyone,

My PC (the one from my signature) is getting 5 years old but is still enough to play CS:GO and League of Legends. Sometimes while I'm playing those games I feel some screen stuttering, when it happens I can see the FPS counter dropping real quick and then coming back to the normal/usual value. That usually happens in the middle of a gunfight (if CS:GO) or a team fight (if LoL).

I've already tried changing: my peripherals, USB positions, internet conection (so it is not a latency issue), the HDMI cable, to clean up my PC, defrag HDD and optimize SSD (both games are installed on the SSD) and to clear cache and temporary files (that kind of stuff). Finally, none of that made the problem stop. 

So, it can only be 

2. My hardware

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Monitor system usage with something like MSI Afterburner, specifically per core usage, memory usage, and GPU usage. it's probably because one of these is being maxed out when it shouldn't be maxed out. 

13 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Monitor system usage with something like MSI Afterburner, specifically per core usage, memory usage, and GPU usage. it's probably because one of these is being maxed out when it shouldn't be maxed out. 

I tried doing that and all the numbers seem to be fine. Except for one thing that took my att, but it is PSU related so I've created another thread.

Feel free to check out if you want to: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1376233-low-voltages-under-heavy-load/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

14 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

Hello everyone,

So, it can only be 

2. My hardware

Reinstall Windows.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:09 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Reinstall Windows.

Hello sir, I'm coming back here to thank you.

TL;DR: Apparently, reinstalling windows solved the issue. (Or atleast reduced it to a point that doesn't bother me anymore).

Long version: I got an old Sata SSD that I had. Installed windows and both games on it, the problem was gonne.
So I thought: Well, reinstalling the OS solves the issue... Kinda. When I switched back to the SSD to do the same, the problem was gonne at a first moment but after a few matches it came back but more 'subtly' I'd say. Conclusion: It's either my mobo and it's m2 port, a configuration issue or my SSD.
But that's cool. At least it's playable now and I'll be getting a totally new PC in the future.

Thanks pal!