pcpartpicker error, should i be conserned?

Just now, Mister Woof said:

Do you live near a Microcenter? They have what seems like daily drops of graphics cards. They are a bit higher than MSRP and they cite tariffs, but this would be the surest way to get a card.

i live in downey idk if there is one around

11 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

you know what, i'll be happy with anything but this crappy laptop with a 3450u

Like a Ryzen 5 3450U?

13 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

msrp for 6600 xt is 379 but in amazon the cheapest brand new one i could find was like 700 bucks

do you know what settings you had in minecraft?

because the interesting thing is my laptop can handle roblox with maxed setting with 20 fps, but on minecraft on lowest settings i can barley hit 60 fps

That's odd. Does your laptop have an SSD? Minecraft will tank frames when loading new chunks on a boot HDD.

I remember that my render distance was set to 16, I disabled clouds because they get in the way when building anyway, particles were set to minimum.

I'll scrub through a few of my old videos to see if I ever showed the settings.

8 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

i live in downey idk if there is one around

where is Downey 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Like a Ryzen 5 3450U?

That's odd. Does your laptop have an SSD? Minecraft will tank frames when loading new chunks on a boot HDD.

I remember that my render distance was set to 16, I disabled clouds because they get in the way when building anyway, particles were set to minimum.

I'll scrub through a few of my old videos to see if I ever showed the settings.

yes 5 3450u

and it does have an ssd

Just now, GloriousGamer321 said:

California, Los Angeles 

You're 31 minutes from the Tustin Microcenter. Go there.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

when i have the time ill go

Try to find a Microcenter discord chat.

MC has a sale on Intel and AMD CPUs

https://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294820689/intel-processors

https://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294819840/amd-processors

Standouts are: 

$269 10700k/5600x

$299 11700

$369 5800x

All also have $20 off when paired with a motherboard

wait so on userbenchmarks i looked up and it said that the 5600x is about the same as the 5800x, thats not true?

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

MC has a sale on Intel and AMD CPUs

https://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294820689/intel-processors

https://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294819840/amd-processors

Standouts are: 

$269 10700k/5600x

$299 11700

$369 5800x

All also have $20 off when paired with a motherboard

so your saying if i go to a micro center i could potentially get a 3080 for $700?

2 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

so your saying if i go to a micro center i could potentially get a 3080 for $700?

$900+ is more reasonable but it seems that the 3080ti is more common, and that costs a lot more around $1500.

You could potentially snag a 3060ti for $600 or a 3070ti for $800 though.

I've seen them sell 3060's for $450+ and 6600XTs for the same.

Yes and no. The MSRP that you're looking up is only for the NVIDIA reference models. All of the AIBs(add in board partners; EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte) set their own sale price. For AIB cards, 3070 seems to be closer to 700. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Yes and no. The MSRP that you're looking up is only for the NVIDIA reference models. All of the AIBs(add in board partners; EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte) set their own sale price. For AIB cards, 3070 seems to be closer to 700. 

so about 100$ more than msrp

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

lol everything is sold out

Yes, that's why you check in store. I don't have a MC near me, so @Mister Woofcorrect me if I'm wrong, but I believe they do the same thing as Best Buy does now. They're in store pickup only and you won't see them in stock online. That link was more to give an idea of prices to expect.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Yes, that's why you check in store. I don't have a MC near me, so @Mister Woofcorrect me if I'm wrong, but I believe they do the same thing as Best Buy does now. They're in store pickup only and you won't see them in stock online. That link was more to give an idea of prices to expect.

correct me if im wrong but, scalpers buy em from MC cause there its msrp and sell em for an overpriced amount right?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

I think they just have in store only and they have periodic drops. It's a lottery system and then if nobody buys them, they are in the glass.

Here's a thread that is discussing it just today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Microcenter/comments/pyg2iv/other_gpus_in_stock_regularly/

I did some playing around with settings in the most recent version of Minecraft. (First, just gotta say, I hate the new textures for iron and coal. The originals looked good, these look like trash.)

It seems to be that the game is limited in performance by single-threaded CPU performance. The worst setting to change was by far render distance - going to 32 chunks occasionally saw dips to 30 fps when new chucks were loading. However, going to 8 chunks saw my FPS increase to a ludicrous 750+, sometimes breaking 1000.

So if you want better performance, I'd lower my render distance down to 8 or 10 - that's what I used to play at on my old laptop. My best guess is that your laptop just doesn't have the single-core performance necessary to run Minecraft at higher framerates with far render distances. Considering it's a Zen+ chip, that's not too surprising. Zen was a big upgrade from FX, but the original Zen and Zen+ were closer to Intel 4th gen than the Intel 8th gen they competed against, at least in terms of single-core performance.

I then wondered how my i5 4440 was able to play the game so well at 16 chunks. Its single-core performance isn't awful, but not great, either. I decided to load up one of those old versions I used to play on - Minecraft 1.8.9 - and I found my answer. Not only was it much smoother, but I was getting around 200fps at max settings, 32 chunks. The fps never dropped below 120.

So there's your answer: Minecraft ran so well on my old computer because I was running an older version of Minecraft that was just better optimized for the hardware of the day.

Also, while my graphics card is "only" an RTX 2060 Super, it doesn't look like graphics card performance really matters for Minecraft. The card didn't even break 45C in temps, which happens to be the temp I have set for when the fans come on. In other words: the card was barely being used. So you probably could get away with using an older card to play Minecraft, since your CPU is going to be the limiting factor in most situations.

4 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I did some playing around with settings in the most recent version of Minecraft. (First, just gotta say, I hate the new textures for iron and coal. The originals looked good, these look like trash.)

It seems to be that the game is limited in performance by single-threaded CPU performance. The worst setting to change was by far render distance - going to 32 chunks occasionally saw dips to 30 fps when new chucks were loading. However, going to 8 chunks saw my FPS increase to a ludicrous 750+, sometimes breaking 1000.

So if you want better performance, I'd lower my render distance down to 8 or 10 - that's what I used to play at on my old laptop. My best guess is that your laptop just doesn't have the single-core performance necessary to run Minecraft at higher framerates with far render distances. Considering it's a Zen+ chip, that's not too surprising. Zen was a big upgrade from FX, but the original Zen and Zen+ were closer to Intel 4th gen than the Intel 8th gen they competed against, at least in terms of single-core performance.

I then wondered how my i5 4440 was able to play the game so well at 16 chunks. Its single-core performance isn't awful, but not great, either. I decided to load up one of those old versions I used to play on - Minecraft 1.8.9 - and I found my answer. Not only was it much smoother, but I was getting around 200fps at max settings, 32 chunks. The fps never dropped below 120.

So there's your answer: Minecraft ran so well on my old computer because I was running an older version of Minecraft that was just better optimized for the hardware of the day.

Also, while my graphics card is "only" an RTX 2060 Super, it doesn't look like graphics card performance really matters for Minecraft. The card didn't even break 45C in temps, which happens to be the temp I have set for when the fans come on. In other words: the card was barely being used. So you probably could get away with using an older card to play Minecraft, since your CPU is going to be the limiting factor in most situations.

its the 1.17 textures, ok so i heard you right on this, you have an i5 4440 and have max setting 32 chunks with 200 fps?

my laptop would implode if i were to do that

and second its single threaded? i though it was single core

10 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

ram specs and monitor specs?

4 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

its the 1.17 textures, ok so i heard you right on this, you have an i5 4440 and have max setting 32 chunks with 200 fps?

my laptop would implode if i were to do that

and second its single threaded? i though it was single core

I'm saying that my old i5 4440 used to get a stable 60fps with 16 chunks while recording with Fraps. As in, it never dropped below 60fps no matter what I did in the game. At the time, I had a 60Hz monitor and I recorded videos at 30fps, so I wanted my framerate to be an even multiple of that.

The testing I did right now was with a Ryzen 9 5900X. With that, in version 1.8.9, I was getting around 200fps.

Single threaded is a bit more accurate of a term, because cores these days almost universally have 2 threads each. The game is using a single core, yes, but it's doing that using a single thread on that single core.

3 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

ram specs?

The RAM I'm currently using is OCed from DDR4-3000 to DDR4-3200 with timings 16-18-18-38.

The RAM on my old system was DDR3-1333 CL9 - I forget the rest of the timings.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

The RAM I'm currently using is OCed from DDR4-3000 to DDR4-3200 with timings 16-18-18-38.

The RAM on my old system was DDR3-1333 CL9 - I forget the rest of the timings.

what about monitor specs