Should I up grade the stock fans on my aio?

Master tenth

I have the Kraken x63 240 aio in my cooler master nr200 case. I am happy with the temps of the cpu but I was wondering if I got customs聽fans if it will聽push more air and/or be more quiet?

if聽any recommendations聽are welcome 馃檪

Ryyzen 7 5800x (windows/youtube 40-50 C)(Gaming 70-85 C)

4 minutes ago, Master tenth said:

I have the Kraken x63 240 aio in my cooler master nr200 case. I am happy with the temps of the cpu but I was wondering if I got customs聽fans if it will聽push more air and/or be more quiet?

I'm really not a fan of the whole aio. But yes there are better fan options. Arctic p12/p12 bionix/p12 argb. Personally I like using the bionix on rads.

An expensive fan but what is turning out to be the king of fans is phanteks new t30 fans. But they are thicker I don't know if they will fit in your sff case.

27 minutes ago, Master tenth said:

Meh those temps are good enough, as long as they dont surpass 90 you dont really have anything to worry about

6 hours ago, narrdarr said:

聽Personally I like using the bionix on rads.

dont u remember what our master said in 2014(i think it was)?

Thanks for all the replies I also found this good video that back up your guys claims so thanks 馃檪

10 hours ago, NorKris said:

dont u remember what our master said in 2014(i think it was)?

Nope

24 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Nope

ok it was 2012

And think about it as boinix vs non bionixs

Not to mention that lots of people reported bionix as being made of a too malleable material which produces similar issues like with Noise Blocker E-loops, just on both sides xD, so that u need spacers for them.

So to everyone buying fans do yourself a favor and only buy P12/P14 ARGB / basic RGB with a ring around the edges of the impeller. And if u're going for most cheap, basic P12/P14 is similar performance (5-pack DC/PWM PST), just set the fan curve to skip 850-1150 range

And if want something more fiscally responsible (same or better value when divided by the number of years it will last/you will use), there's only 2 options for no questions asked price and 1 cheap (higher quality option than Arctic).

Noctua A12x25 and Phanteks T30-120 for no questions asked price

and Phanteks PH-F120MP / F140MP /F140HP2 for the cheap option (when they 2-packs are on sale).

8 hours ago, NorKris said:

ok it was 2012

And think about it as boinix vs non bionixs

聽It depends on the rad housing and the fan ring or non ring design. There are alot of fan with no rings that where the mounting holes are slightly wider than the rest of the fan frame leaving a space between the fan and the rad. Some ring fans cause the same issue. The I have not had any issue with the bionix making a good seal to the rad possible even better

10 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Not to mention that lots of people reported bionix as being made of a too malleable material which produces similar issues like with Noise Blocker E-loops, just on both sides xD, so that u need spacers for them.

So to everyone buying fans do yourself a favor and only buy P12/P14 ARGB / basic RGB with a ring around the edges of the impeller. And if u're going for most cheap, basic P12/P14 is similar performance (5-pack DC/PWM PST), just set the fan curve to skip 850-1150 range

And if want something more fiscally responsible (same or better value when divided by the number of years it will last/you will use), there's only 2 options for no questions asked price and 1 cheap (higher quality option than Arctic).

Noctua A12x25 and Phanteks T30-120 for no questions asked price

and Phanteks PH-F120MP / F140MP /F140HP2 for the cheap option (when they 2-packs are on sale).

You don't need spacers for bionix fans eloops are different as the ring spins with the blades.聽

The ph f120mp/ 140mp are also one of my favorite fans too.

10 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

聽It depends on the rad housing and the fan ring or non ring design. There are alot of fan with no rings that where the mounting holes are slightly wider than the rest of the fan frame leaving a space between the fan and the rad. Some ring fans cause the same issue. The I have not had any issue with the bionix making a good seal to the rad possible even better

The bionix is better than the corsair's linus was talking about,

but my opinion is Rad = P12 (no bionix) cuz its just cheaper and better聽for everywhere else u think about using a P12,聽 a bionix is fine 馃槢

On 9/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, narrdarr said:

I'm really not a fan of the whole aio. But yes there are better fan options. Arctic p12/p12 bionix/p12 argb. Personally I like using the bionix on rads.

An expensive fan but what is turning out to be the king of fans is phanteks new t30 fans. But they are thicker I don't know if they will fit in your sff case.

phanteks t30 is not a new king... its to fare to compare a 3000 rpm fan to an 1200 rpm fan... the gentle typhoons from years ago beats it... and i have yet yo see other 3000 rpm fans vs it. its just marketing.

you remember the聽TFC - Triebwerk 55mm聽 fans?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

phanteks t30 is not a new king... its to fare to compare a 3000 rpm fan to an 1200 rpm fan... the gentle typhoons from years ago beats it... and i have yet yo see other 3000 rpm fans vs it. its just marketing.

you remember the聽TFC - Triebwerk 55mm聽 fans?

gentle typhoons gets owned by the P12 and the 12x25, should be safe to say that the T30 is the new king yes,

Edit: Even 2k fans beats the 3k

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Ahm, no ?, there's speed/noise - normalized tests of it, and from VSG none the less, u can't get better than that. There is irrefutable proof stemming from pristine methodology done by one of the聽highest聽authorities聽on fan testing聽in the world.

The gentle typhoon does not in any way or form beat it, ...

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/phanteks-t30-120-fan/4.html