AMD Ryzen5600G Driver Crashes

Hello there,

it was time for a new PC and as graphics card prices are still horrible, i decided to get the AMD Ryzen 5600G. However then things started to go wrong...
Whenever i try to install any AMD Graphics driver, Windows 10 crashes with the infamous blue screen 😞
Every time I try to restart the Blue screen is there immediately. Compatibility Mode works fine (with bad resolution).

Here is the Setup:

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5600G
Mainboard: MSI B550M Pro-VDH (without Wifi)
RAM: 2x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL18-22-22-42 Kit
Graphics card: -
PSU: Seasonic Focus PX 80+ Platinum 550W
Display: Viewsonic 32" 1440p 144Hz

How I got there:
After buying and assembling the PC, it didn't boot - As expected. I flashed the newest stable Bios via USB and Mainboard Flash button.
When i then went into the Bios, the RAM was running at 2100MHz insted of the advertised 3600MHz...
I toyed around with some XMP settings and got Windows 10 to run at 3333MHz (Higher didn't work).

Then I installed the recent Chipset drivers and AMD graphics driver and started work.
After a few minuted while doing some MS Word stuff, Image errors started to appear (see picture). Those space invader things got more and more and the screen randomely went black for 2 seconds before going back into space invader mode.

I then restarted the PC, put the RAM back to 2100MHz and reinstalled the newest AMD Graphics driver - A fatal mistake...
The PC crashed and can't load into Windows. It's just immediate blue screen every time...
Compatibility Mode does start, but is no solution for the long run.

After reinstalling Win 10 (without installing any AMD drivers) it got better. There were still sporadic 1-2 second black screens and some space invader shenanigans, but only after a few hours of work. And a quick restart fixed the issue for another few hours.

However, after a few days i just wanted to get this damn thing to work and installed the latest AMD drivers (they released new ones in the meantime).
Boom - Blue screen and can't load into Windows...

Conclusion:

I really need help. Is there anything I have missed? Any RAM incompatibility, or older drivers that might work?
At this moment I am thinking about returning the hardware... but I don'T even know what part is causing my problems... or is it really just the Software?

Any help is appreciated 🙂

error.JPG

Image errors started to appear. Those space invader things got more and more and the screen randomely went black for 2 seconds before going back into space invader mode

Looks like GPU artifacts for me, and this might indicate a failing iGPU 🤔

You might want to contact your retailer for a RMA

I have same problem

Still don't know how to fix it

• 3 weeks later...

I found the issue!
I ordered a new 5600G and the problem stayed the same...
The solution was other RAM. When Using Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 it just works without any issues.
I guess the RAM was either broken or incompatible with the Mainboard (even at lowest speeds).

So glad it finally works :)