Red CPU LED on Mobo

Special Kid

Mobo - MSI B450 Mortar Max

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600G

(500W PSU, 16GB Corsair Vengence RAM, WD_Black 500GB M.2)

I built this as a secondary PC yesterday. I had this red cpu led straight away and was unable to POST, so I flashed my BIOS and it was working fine. Everything was recognised in the BIOS and task manager, the cpu, integrated graphics, all 16GB of memory, my storage device etc. I got Windows 10 installed and began to install a couple games and other software.

I downloaded all my drivers, too. The first thing I noticed is was that on Destiny 2, upon logging in, I was getting 5-10 fps, up to 15 in the menus. When not in the menus my mouse was ghosting, and no textures/graphics were rendered. I was looking at a white screen, but the UI was visible. I wasn't sure what the problem was so I checked my video settings in game they were as they should be. I then realised I had a couple windows updates, so I did those but this solved nothing. My PC booted up after the updated but I went off for a few hours. I come back and try to start up my PC but I see the Red CPU LED again, and the system no longer POSTs. I took out the CMOS for a while. DIdn't help. I flashed my BIOS again out of frustration but this didn't solve it like last time. I have tried both of the current compatible BIOS versions.

Thanks for any help

2 minutes ago, MR H. said:

What bios version have you used?

On the MSI webpage appear that for compatibility with 5600g you should be using 

7B89v2C

https://es.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-MORTAR-MAX#support-main-block-qvl

I am using the most recent version, being 7B89v2D, as I would presume this is also compatible since it came out after 2C

Just now, Special Kid said:

I am using the most recent version, being 7B89v2D, as I would presume this is also compatible since it came out after 2C

It should, but who knows, give it a shot with that version

35 minutes ago, MR H. said:

It should, but who knows, give it a shot with that version

Unfortunately this did not change anything. Thanks either way:)

Dunk 99% isopropyl alcohol on the socket and the bottom of the cpu, cover it with something (i use paper or tissue), then wait 24h

This gets rid of any dirt on the cpu and cpu socket, ive had my boards not post cause cpu socket or cpu was dirty and dunking 99% isopropyl alcohol worked like a charm, even sprayed it on the ram slots when they get dirty, also works like a charm

2 hours ago, Special Kid said:

Unfortunately this did not change anything. Thanks either way:)

hmm, that's pretty strange, just try to reassamble everything maybe?