If i have 400 dollars for an aesthetic upgrade what should i do?

BLT_Sharpies

Save most of the $400 to put towards something worthwhile in the future - it's a lot of money to spend on this! In fact assuming your current case and fans work and aren't utterly terrible, you don't really need to spend anything at all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

2 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Save most of the $400 to put towards something worthwhile in the future - it's a lot of money to spend on this! In fact assuming your current case and fans work and aren't utterly terrible, you don't really need to spend anything at all.

ok so i should just work on other things in my setup?

Just now, BLT_Sharpies said:

still depends on whats your ACTUAL setup looks like. And i do agree, if you care about performance and enjoyment, aesthetic should be your last really.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

still depends on whats your ACTUAL setup looks like. And i do agree, if you care about performance and enjoyment, aesthetic should be your last really.

ok ya i will upgrade it down the line

1 minute ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

It'll be better, But if u want aesthetics upgrade, Don't need to use 400$.

Get a arctic liquid freezer II 240mm a-rgb, That'll be good enough upgrade and don't swap case, Your case ain't bad. 

3 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

It'll be better, But if u want aesthetics upgrade, Don't need to use 400$.

Get a arctic liquid freezer II 240mm a-rgb, That'll be good enough upgrade and don't swap case, Your case ain't bad. 

oh ya i can get an aio and not a new case tysm

1 hour ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

I currently have a 220t case and and cooler master air cooler. I also have 6 corsair rgb fans. This is my idea but what should i do?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JacksonHans/saved/#view=yfKL99

And i thought slow ricer civics were bad

Talk about a ricer pc ;-;

Dont waste money on stupid asthetics and instead upgrade the cpu or something to improve your performance

Performance >>>>>>>>>> asthetics

No point in having a nice looking pc when its slow as sht, might aswell just stick a core 2 duo pc in a fancy overpriced rgb case if all you are about is looks xD

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Dont waste money on stupid asthetics and instead upgrade the cpu or something to improve your performance

No point in having a nice looking pc when its slow as sht, might aswell just stick a core 2 duo pc in a fancy overpriced rgb case if all you are about is looks xD

should i keep the case and just get an aio?

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If someone wants good looking PC, That ain't your problem, So keep your ass where it belongs 😄

Giving your opinion is one thing and shíttalking is another...

1 minute ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

If someone wants good looking PC, That ain't your problem, So keep your ass where it belongs 😄

Giving your opinion is one thing and shíttalking is another...

Ya fr. He is hella toxic

33 minutes ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

should i keep the case and just get an aio?

Not a bad idea

Case is already decent, aio will lower your temps and prob let you run your pc abit quieter, aio wise go for a liquid freezer 240 argb, 360mm is totally uneccesary unless you overclock, and i dont think a b560 can overclock very well, though if you want to oc i guess you can go for the 360mm verison of the liquid freezer, also if you dont have a rear exhaust fan then buy whatever is the cheapest corsair rgb fan you can find like the sp120 or whatever they are called

If you are gonna go with asthetics atleast have it serve a function, even if aios are uneccesary even if case is overpriced, atleast an aio will lower temps keep your pc quiet and a good quality case even if overpriced is still good quality so it wont fall apart in the next 10 years

And for the love of god dont pay a massive markup for a non functional asthetic peice like rgb ram, if its rgb ram atleast have it be a cheap rgb ram or a good overclocking ram like tridentz neo

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Not a bad idea

Case is already decent, aio will lower your temps and prob let you run your pc abit quieter, aio wise go for a liquid freezer 240 argb, 360mm is totally uneccesary unless you overclock, and i dont think a b560 can overclock very well, though if you want to oc i guess you can go for the 360mm verison of the liquid freezer, also if you dont have a rear exhaust fan then buy whatever is the cheapest corsair rgb fan you can find like the sp120 or whatever they are called

If you are gonna go with asthetics atleast have it serve a function, even if aios are uneccesary even if case is overpriced, atleast an aio will lower temps keep your pc quiet and a good quality case even if overpriced is still good quality so it wont fall apart in the next 10 years

And for the love of god dont pay a massive markup for a non functional asthetic peice like rgb ram, if its rgb ram atleast have it be a cheap rgb ram or a good overclocking ram like tridentz neo

ok lol

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What's slow about a 10600k and 1080?

2 hours ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

oh ya i can get an aio and not a new case tysm

Depending on how clean your cable management is, you could think about a PSU. Go from the 650 to a 750/850 modular. You'd have less cables floating around in the case and have more power available for an upgraded GPU later on.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

What's slow about a 10600k and 1080?

Depending on how clean your cable management is, you could think about a PSU. Go from the 650 to a 750/850 modular. You'd have less cables floating around in the case and have more power available for an upgraded GPU later on.

my psu is all ready fully modular?

1 minute ago, BLT_Sharpies said:

my psu is all ready fully modular?

Sorry, I forgot CXF is modular. I thought it was semi like the CXM. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

with the aio you should be able to overclock more.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

with the aio you should be able to overclock more.

ik