Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Samsung Odyssey G9 LC49G95TSSUXEN DP port is not installed on the monitor?

Does anyone know why my new out the box Odyssey G9 LC49G95TSSUXEN is showing DP port is not installed on the monitor information menu?

I purchased two of the same G9 monitors and only one has this message and will not show anything that is plugged into the DP ports only the HDMI port is installed on the monitor firmware both are running on the latest firmware M-T9549GGAA-1012.1

please note: I've upgraded from 2X Samsung C49RG90 which work with no issues.

any ideas why the new monitors are not identical out the box & how to get the DP port installed within the firmware?  

IMG_9293.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9297.JPG

57 minutes ago, BufferThanBuff said:

Does anyone know why my new out the box Odyssey G9 LC49G95TSSUXEN is showing DP port is not installed on the monitor information menu?

I purchased two of the same G9 monitors and only one has this message and will not show anything that is plugged into the DP ports only the HDMI port is installed on the monitor firmware both are running on the latest firmware M-T9549GGAA-1012.1

please note: I've upgraded from 2X Samsung C49RG90 which work with no issues.

any ideas why the new monitors are not identical out the box & how to get the DP port installed within the firmware?  

IMG_9293.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9297.JPG

This may be a phrasing issue.  I’m not sure what exactly the problem is.  I’m guessing while both have DP ports (since they’re theoretically identical)  I’ve never had a video card with more than 1 DP port so I suppose it could be “there can be only one” is a part of the DP standard or something.  I’ve never tried testing it.  Did you maybe have to install multiple video cards to get multiple DP out or are you converting using an adaptor or something?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.