Add a button linking to the discussion thread on the "Latest From" sidebar.

Jeanne

It's a small change but it would speed up things a bit for people wanting to go to the newest video's discussion thread.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2021 at 8:11 AM, Jeanne said:

It's a small change but it would speed up things a bit for people wanting to go to the newest video's discussion thread.

^^^ This. Tbh I have kinda resorted to just going and clicking the link in the description of the video to get to it rather than just going straight to the forum.

is water wet?

i don't know what I'm doing either...

Videos on sidebar are directly from YT API. Not the technical dev, but I would say this is much harder to implement efficiently (=not requiring manual edits daily) than it might seem. Also worth to note that only main channel videos get threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Videos on sidebar are directly from YT API. Not the technical dev, but I would say this is much harder to implement efficiently (=not requiring manual edits daily) than it might seem. Also worth to note that only main channel videos get threads.

oh, I assumed it was manual, the updates are usually about a hour after the vid comes out.

It wouldnt be possible to make it automatic, with some implementation of the topics board, automatically making one link link to the newest post on the LTT Offical subforum?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It wouldnt be possible to make it automatic, with some implementation of the topics board, automatically making one link link to the newest post on the LTT Offical subforum?

That still wouldn't work as not all videos uploaded to the LTT channel get a post on the forum, such as live streams and in particular the WAN show. It would constantly be linking to the wrong thread and causing more complaints. 

A good alternative available would be to follow the LTT official subforum so that you receive a notification whenever a new thread is posted.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

It's not so difficult to implement - the video topic is in a consistent place in the video description, so we should be able to parse the link out of that. It's not high on the list of priorities though.

HTTP/2 203