Rasberry Pi Project needs a Non-invasive current sensor but all of them are those 3.5mm jacks? How do i connect them?

_Dawnte_

The title says it all ready, I plan on making my own home socket power monitor using my rpi but id much rather not use a module where i'd have to handle live wire so I have to do with those non-invasive currents sensors, however they have audio outpus ....is there a module that i could use for me to get that data from the sensor to my pi pins?

Why are you afraid of that "audio output" connector?

The module should tell you the pinout , which is probably  ground, data and clock for an isolated serial output or something like that.  If it's not isolated, run it through an isolator chip (optocoupler, whatever) , which should be very cheap.

You can buy audio jacks, you can buy stereo - stereo cables and cut them in the middle ... make your own cable. 

Anyway, another option would be to buy a multimeter with data logging, and read the output from the multimeter into your pi.

3 hours ago, _Dawnte_ said:

id much rather not use a module where i'd have to handle live wire so I have to do with those non-invasive currents sensors

You need to handle the live wire anyway to monitor the voltage. Might as well get an off the shelf power/energy meter.

It sounds like you're looking for a hall effect current probe. I have never seen one with an audio style connector, but it will probably output an analog signal which a Pi can't natively read. You'll need to supply your own ADC to read that analog signal and then do some math to convert it to a current.

ASU

19 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

you're looking for an hall effect current probe

He's probably after some current transformer. Hall effect sensors are less accurate so you'd normally only use those for DC (when a current transformer is no option).

Regardless of what sensor this is about, to make a power meter you also need to register the voltage, so you're going to have to connect to a live wire anyway, so I don't really see the point of a non-invasive sensor.