Kemove Snowfox Alternative?

So I recently bought a Kemove Snowfox 60% board and for the most part, it's great. I love the RGB and the feel of the board even when stock and the fact that it's a hotswap board as well so I can mess around with the switches at will later down the road. The only problem I have with it is that the board has a bad tendency to disconnect mid-use and gets stuck on the last key I used before it spazzed out. It gets really annoying especially since I like using the board wirelessly and wired on the fly, and the problem occurs on both wired and wireless modes. I've scoured countless forums and the general consensus is that the board is notorious for the horrible software and the connectivity issues. It's a shame because it might just be a dealbreaker for me if I have to be turning the board off and on again at least once an hour (it's that bad). 

I had an Anne Pro 2 and I was almost thinking about getting that one in another switch type because the software was just phenomenal by comparison and the battery life was stable and didn't give me the issues the Snowfox does. But I don't want to go back to the AP2 because it's soldered board and I want the freedom to be able to change the switches at will.

Considering the diverse amount of people who know about peripherals, are there any alternatives to the Kemove that you guys recommend, that can be used in both wired and wireless mode, has RGB and is in a 60% form factor, AND is hotswappable?

• 5 weeks later...

Do you still have this problem ?

I am looking to buy the kemove snowfox

And how are the stabilizers of the keyboard ?

Edited by Laks

9 hours ago, Laks said:

Do you still have this problem ?

I am looking to buy the kemove snowfox

And how are the stabilizers of the keyboard ?

Unfortunately, I had the problem so severe that I ultimately had to return it. Not once, but twice.

I returned the first board back to Amazon because initially, I thought I had a defective board, so Amazon gave me a replacement at no extra charge. However, even with the new board, I still had the same connection/disconnection issues, and the problems even went as far as the board completely freezing up on me and would not respond to any of my inputs, the only fix being that I had to unplug the USB-C cable and plug it back in. Totally not worth the hassle, especially when it happened several times over the course of the few weeks that I had the keyboard. Ultimately, I returned the replacement board and I'm back to using my old Anne Pro 2 until my new board (GMMK) arrives.

Maybe the board just didn't play nice with my existing hardware/software. Despite all this, it was still a solid board. It's mod friendly from the little bit that I did to it, from foam modding (they even have their own foam insertion on the bottom of the case which was surprising for a budget board) to a mild tape mod I did to the PCB.

That being said, the stabs are actually not that bad for a budget board. They did a pretty decent job with it all things considered: not a whole lot of rattle, generous factory lubing job. I do however recommend wiping their lube off and redoing it yourself for the best sound possible. 

Overall, I'm disappointed with my experience with the board. I really wanted to like it for an endgame/mod-friendly board but its issues were such deal-breakers for me that I felt like I had no choice but to return it. However, I suggest giving it a shot for yourself, you might like it and have no problems whatsoever. Based on the forums online, I seem to be in the minority when it comes to people who have had a nightmarish experience, and everyone else seems to swear by it for a good hotswap 60% budget board.

• 3 months later...

Passing here today , it was a problem for me during 1 year i thought it was my usb hub but the problem persisted after replacing it . It was a good keyboard very wel constructed and materials but the sofware part is a pain in the ass. The software provided is pretty bad too