Sudden fps drop

Shour0v

I have a vary low end pc.whenever i play games (every game) i get 30-60 fps and after some time out of no whare the fps dropped to 1-5 for some 10-20 seconds and back to normal again.. And happens same thing after some time. Tried a fresh windows installation,drivers update,but the same problem remains..   

Can it be a problem of bios bug?

Specs -

Msi B450 a pro max 

Ryzen 3200g

4+4 2400hz ram 

450w psu 

CAN ANYONE HELP??

Edited by Shour0v

12 minutes ago, Shour0v said:

And happens same thing after some time.

Whats your storage setup looks like, and what game specifically? Every game is still very vague.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Got one 128gb m.2 (not sure about the brand) 1 tb transcend hdd.Currently installed farcry 3 on my ssd.faced the same problem even  with assassin's creed 2.like its pretty unusual..

30 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Whats your storage setup looks like, and what game specifically? Every game is still very vague.

Got one 128gb m.2 (not sure about the brand) 1 tb transcend hdd.Currently installed farcry 3 on my ssd.faced the same problem even  with assassin's creed 2.like its pretty unusual..

49 minutes ago, Shour0v said:

Got one 128gb m.2 (not sure about the brand) 1 tb transcend hdd.Currently installed farcry 3 on my ssd.faced the same problem even  with assassin's creed 2.like its pretty unusual..

Due to you using a iGPU / APU and only having 8GB's of RAM that may occur when your RAM / VRAM maxes out and then has to clear it's contents to avoid a crash. I would use an application that allows you to check your CPU, GPU, and RAM / VRAM usage while gaming to see if it begins to hit the 7.5ish GB mark right before you drop frames.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

2 minutes ago, VectorTech said:

Due to you using a iGPU / APU and only having 8GB's of RAM that may occur when your RAM / VRAM maxes out and then has to clear it's contents to avoid a crash. I would use an application that allows you to check your CPU, GPU, and RAM / VRAM usage while gaming to see if it begins to hit the 7.5ish GB mark right before you drop frames.

Bro assassins creed 2 is not that ram or vram consuming game...still facing this problm even in the lowest graphics setting 

1 minute ago, Shour0v said:

Bro assassins creed 2 is not that ram or vram consuming game...still facing this problm even in the lowest graphics setting 

Assassins Creed 2 minimum specs is 2GB's of VRAM. Windows will often use 4GB's on an 8GB system just idling- those two things alone will put you at 6GB's of your RAM being used, aka 75% of your RAM usage. It's not unlikely that other services are taking up the remainder.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

11 minutes ago, VectorTech said:

I have monitored temperature 

4 minutes ago, VectorTech said:

Assassins Creed 2 minimum specs is 2GB's of VRAM. Windows will often use 4GB's on an 8GB system just idling- those two things alone will put you at 6GB's of your RAM being used, aka 75% of your RAM usage. It's not unlikely that other services are taking up the remainder.

Though i have monitored temperature, ram usages (use less than 4000) and everything was same in the time of frame drop.